•ℰ𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉•

AS MARILLA HAD SENT AMYBELLA towards the barn, when she asked for Anne, she met Mr

AS MARILLA HAD SENT AMYBELLA towards the barn, when she asked for Anne, she met Mr. Cuthbert on the way.

"Hello Mr. Cuthbert, is Anne in there?" Amybella asked Matthew, who turned to her.

"Oh Eh.. she should be up in the hayloft." he said and she nodded hastily. 

She thanked the man and made her way inside the barn. She got up to the hayloft and looked around for the girl, but didn't see any red hair.

„Anne?" she asked and when she heard a noise next to her, she turned her head to the side.
She expected to see Anne, but instead, Nathaniel's eyes met her own and she startled slightly.

"Well if it isn't the girl Bella" She looked at the young man in confusion.
Her eyes fell on the bottle in his hand.
Marcus had been holding one of these a lot lately and he'd always been off his game afterward.

"What? Never seen alcohol before?" He asked and took another sip.

"Thought you were a rebel." Amybella wrinkled her nose.

"Alcohol is disgusting." She said and he laughed. But then his gaze suddenly turned serious.

"Come here." He said and Amybella's heart began to beat faster. Her stomach formed a knot.

"Sit with me. Come here." Amybella stood still.

"Are you scared of me?!" he asked, amused and provocative.

"You've been drinking." She realized how panic was slowly rising in her.
He stood up.

"So? Aren't you into it?" He came towards her and Amybella took a few steps back.
He took another sip and then held his bottle out to her.

"Come on. That'll make it easier!" Amybella gasped indignantly. She shook her head.

"Are you mad?" she asked, startled.

"Are you scared?" he laughed.

"No." she now said resolutely. Her trembling hands betrayed her, however.
He moved towards her and she backed away further. Behind her, however, was the ladder that led down to the horses and cows.

"Well." he stopped in front of her again.

"Girls shouldn't drink." he leaned down to her.

"I'm looking for Anne." she then said, trying to escape from the situation.

"Well she's not here." Nathaniel said. He eyed her smirking.

"You're not going to tell anyone, are you?" he asked and Amybella shook her head.
He looked at her one last time, then walked past her and down the ladder.

The girl let the pent-up air out of her lungs and took a moment to process what had happened. Nathanael was truly a disgusting man for her now.
She then got down the ladder too and out of the barn.