•𝒯𝓌ℯ𝓃𝓉𝓎-𝒻ℴ𝓊𝓇•

BELLA SAT SILENTLY NEXT TO ANNE and watched Ka'kwet's parents

"They deserve the world and yet they live under such injustice." She said, catching Anne's gaze.

"I know.. how can someone be so.. horrible?" she got upset, then sighed.

"What about you and Gilbert?" she then asked. Bella shrugged her shoulders.

"We had a good time, now life goes on for everyone and he will marry his perfect Winnifred." She looked stubbornly straight ahead of her. Bella was surprised at herself that these words passed her lips so easily.

"But that's not what you want is it?" Anne asked. Bella looked at her and then looked forward again.

"What's the point of holding on to him, he's going to drop me after all." She lay down, on her side, so that her back was turned to Anne.

„You love him." Anne suddenly said.

„What?" Bella asked.

„You love him, that's why you should hold onto him. And he loves you too." the redhead said.

„If he loved me he wouldn't marry another woman." Bella said and felt her heart aching.

"If he wouldn't love you, he wouldn't have come to you earlier. He wanted to tell you something. I think he doesn't want to marry Winnifred." Anne said and waited for Bella's reaction. Bella pretended to be asleep, a tear running down her cheek.

"There's been a misunderstanding, sister. Ka'kwet.. Her parents don't want her here. That's why we came to bring Ka'kwet home!" Matthew explained their situation to the nun.

There was something about her that bothered Amybella. Her gaze was stern, her posture stiff and her eyes cold. She looked at all three of them before answering.

"That won't be possible. Sir." She then said and they stared at her in shock.

"What is going on here? This is a school, not a prison," Anne said. Bella looked at the nun.
She had seen how distraught Ka'kwet was. She had seen the damage she bore from the time she had spend here in this place.
This was not a school.

"This is preposterous. I insist! You bring their child out! At once. Or.. we'll fetch the authorities." The nun's gaze became hard.
She opened the door as if they could enter, but instead two armed men stepped outside. Bella gasped, as did Anne and they recoiled.

"Get out!" one of them shouted and Matthew stepped in front of the girls.

"Let's just.. you watch yourself now.."
He said, but was also shooed back.

"Or what? Old man. I said go!" the nun stood behind him. Bella looked at her.

"And you dare to wear a cross on your belt? You don't deserve to have the Christian cross hanging on your wall at all, this is inhuman!" Bella shouted at her, but she had the feeling, she was talking to a wall.