6

Harri quickly discovered that she really liked Mrs. Malfoy, the pleasant but no-nonsense woman insisted on paying for her school robes, claiming that it wouldn't even make a dent in her vault. Like the good little orphan that she is, Harriet readily accepted after refusing the polite amount of times. She walked with them to meet Lucius Malfoy, holding Harri's and Draco's shoulder, Harri who didn't like to be touched at all didn't mind Mrs. Malfoy hold, a steady comfortable presence next to her.

Draco, on their way, made his job to explain to Mrs. Malfoy everything he had discovered about her on their short time in Madame Malkin's fitting room, including that she lived with muggles, at least Narcissa took it better than Draco did, with a well trained perfectly poised face, she wondered what they would think when she told them it was an orphanage. Harri still couldn't fathom why they cared.

They quickly got to Flourish and Blotts, they were to meet with Lucius there, Mrs. Malfoy told her. It was very busy, people bustling everywhere, it must be the time everyone got their school supplies, Harri mused. She wondered how much time she had before Hogwarts started, probably not much because humans in general, magic or no magic, were a lazy, unprepared species, you could see that here in Diagon Alley, you could see that with Dumbledore. They waited for the last moment of everything, she betted that happened with her this time also.

It wasn't hard to spot Mr. Malfoy. He stood tall and proud, most gravitating around him, his presence imposing, the intimidating cane added to it. It reminded her of the rich man in movies, respected (feared the back of her mind added). It was much different from everything she knew, outside the few far in between films, and she ached for it. She wanted everything, starved for it. Mrs. Malfoy exuded the same presence, but subtler.

Mrs. Malfoy tightened her grip on her shoulder as soon they spotted Lucius but she didn't miss a beat, whatever made her feel like this wasn't enough to get her to stop. He stood talking with another wizard, both looking serious and grim.

"Lucius," Mrs. Malfoy said pleasantly, turning to the strange man "Mr. Parkinson, a pleasure to see you here," Her smile was the very picture of the perfect housewife, her eyes were anything but, Mr. Parkinson who didn't seem very smart was surprisingly quick to figure out that it was time to take his leave.

"I must be going. Lucius, Narcissa, a pleasure to see you both," Parkinson bid his goodbyes, as he made his way out his eyes narrow on her, surprise than suspicion makes place on his face. He shots an undecipherable look at Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy and quickly strides out of the store.

"Lucius, did you buy Draco's books yet," Narcissa asks, briskly ignoring Mr. Malfoy's looks that Harri is sure are about her.

"Not yet, Parkinson... seized my time," He explained with a grimace, remembering the man.

"We'll wait for you here. Don't forget to buy double," Her voice was completely oblivious, daring him to question her.

"Really Narcissa?" He hissed, risking another glance at Harri. Harriet knew that if she was Mr. Malfoy she wouldn't dare to make Narcissa angry, much less question her decision.

He was cut with a look, it transmitted everything with a single glance "We'll talk about it later,"

When they settled on staring at each other for a second before Harri had to interrupt them "Mrs. Malfoy I also have to buy my books,"

"Why do you think I sent Lucius to buy double?" She asked with and raised an eyebrow. The truth was Harri didn't even think much of it, Mrs. Malfoy already brought her robes and she couldn't imagine anyone doing that for her, much less strangers. Harri didn't say anything only gazed into Mrs. Malfoy's eyes for what felt like an eternity.