Chapter Three: The rise of the leopard

DustPaw sniffed the air as he crouched down in the brambles and bushes,he smelt RoamingPaw,LeanFlower and LeopardYowl..DustPaw held himself back as he wanted to spring at LeopardYowl,he strained his ears and peered out the bushes a bit. He saw LeopardYowl rubbing against RoamingPaw and the apprentice purring,LeanFlower looked around in every direction yet couldn't spot nor smell DustPaw. "It's nice to see you again..Is your clan treating you fairly?" LeopardYowl warmly mewed,"Not at all..when they exiled you they've been very distant with me.." RoamingPaw admitted. LeopardYowl nodded and glared coldly at LeanFlower the back to RoamingPaw,"You can join me in ShadowClan any time my dear." LeopardYowl softly purred. "Not yet,SandStar is still closely watching RoamingPaw. SandStar will have my pelt off if she finds out about these meeting much less about RoamingPaw going to Shadowclan." LeanFlower warned,LeopardYowl gave her a cold hiss that silenced her. "She doesn't care about my darling as much as she cares for a mouse,I demand RoamingPaw to join me." LeopardYowl snarled. "I said no,unless you want me to rat you out then you'd better start to watch your tongue!" LeanFlower hisses back,DustPaw thought LeopardYowl would have LeanFlowers ears off but LeopardYowl dipped her head. "I better get going darling,thank you LeanFlower." LeopardYowl muttered and gave RoamingPaw a lick on the cheek,LeanFlower grunted and watched LeopardYowl stalk away into ShadowClans territory. DustPaw slipped back into the apprentice den quickly and settled himself into his nest,within seconds RoamingPaw slipped into the den right after him and laid down. It was already early dawn and DustPaw quietly padded outside the den to wait for SandProwl,after a few moments SandProwl slipped out of the Warriors den and padded up to DuskPaw. "Morning." SandProwl smiled,the two cats padded out the camp and trained until sun high.
Another moon passed and all was calm,far too calm for DuskPaws liking..But he forced himself to enjoy the day because it was the day for him and PeddlePaw to become full warriors. DustPaw and PeddlePaw sat together in the clearing while their mothers cleaned them,SandProwl chatted with the four cats. "Becoming warriors,aye? Maybe you two will finally confess your love." SandProwl joked,DustPaw and PeddlePaw chuckled and looked at each other awkwardly. "I've noticed you two have a special connection." DustHare nudged her son jokingly,DustPaw covered his face with growing embarrassment. "Stop mom!" DustPaw muttered with embarrassment,"When Will I have grand kits?" StormingLeap nudged PeddlePaw jokingly. "No mom,no." PeddlePaw covered her face with the same embarrassment,"I'm sure they'll have kits straight after becoming warriors!" SandProwl rolled onto the ground and gave a purr of amusement. "Stop!" DustPaw and PeddlePaw hissed at the same time,they looked at each other and laughed. "Go get something to eat for yourself and us." DustHare nudged DustPaw,DustPaw gave a dramatic sigh and padded off to the fresh kill pile. DustPaw returned with five large hares in his jaw,he placed one in front of every cat and laid down near PeddlePaw. "You've got a few more minutes until your warrior ceremony." DustHare gestured to the sun that was as high as ever in the sky. The five cats quickly ate and bounded off under high rock as soon as SandStar jumped upon the rock,the rest of the clan poured out their dens and gathered around with prideful eyes. DustPaws heart ached when he realized he and PeddlePaw had been celebrating with their mothers but RoamingPaw was left lonesome.."As you all know PeddlePaw,DustPaw and RoamingPaw will become warriors today." SandStar announced then looked to the darkening sky,"I, SandStar,leader of WindClan,call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. They have trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend them to you as a warrior in their turn." The three large apprentices stepped forward excitedly though RoamingPaw looked cold. SandStar looked down at PeddlePaw,"PeddlePaw,do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?" SandStar asked loudly. PeddlePaw held SandStars serious gaze and dipped her head,"I do." PeddlePaw replied pridefully. "Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. PeddlePaw,from this moment on you will be known as PeddleLeap. StarClan honors your Loyalty and swiftness and we welcome you as a full warrior of WindClan." SandStar dipped her head with a smile. DustPaw gave PeddleLeap a lick on the shoulder as she padded towards StormingLeap. SandStar looked at RoamingPaw with a cold gaze but pushed her own feeling away,"I, SandStar,leader of WindClan,call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. They have trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend them to you as a warrior in their turn." RoamingPaw gazed into SandStars green gaze. "RoamingPaw,do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?" SandStar mumbled with untrusting eyes towards RoamingPaw. RoamingPaw thought for a moment and nodded,not saying a word. SandStar gave a sigh,"Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. RoamingPaw,from this moment on you will be known as RoamingLeopard. StarClan honors your hunting skills and quietness and we welcome you as a full warrior of WindClan." RoamingLeopards eyes widened when SandStar cursed her new warrior name with her mother's name..No cat objected but didn't congratulate her ether as she walked to QuietShade. SandStar looked at DustPaw and smiled,"DustPaw,do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?" DustPaw smiled and quickly dipped his head,"I do." SandStar smiled,"Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. DustPaw,from this moment on you will be known as DustFern. StarClan honors your hunting skills and loyalty and we welcome you as a full warrior of WindClan." DustFern dipped his head and pridefully padded towards PeddleLeap,SandProwl,DustHare and StormingLeap. "Clan dismissed." SandStar announced and leaped off high rock,she walked towards DustFern and PeddleLeap. "You are a great cat..You will help us in the rise of the leopard.." SandStar whispered to DustFern as she placed her head over his shoulder. DustFerns fur prickled,she couldn't know about his dreams..could she..? SandStar dipped her head and congratulated PeddleLeap,the two warriors watched their leader stalk cautiously to RoamingLeopard. When the moon rose to the sky DustFern,PeddleLeap and RoamingLeopard stood vigil and stood guard all night until dawn. The three cats tiredly trudged to the warriors den when SandStar excused them at early dawn,the cats found themselves nests within the warriors den along with their sleeping clan mates.
DustFern awoke to the sun light barely streaking into the warriors den,he looked around the warrior den and gave a soft smile when he saw PeddleLeap in a nest right by his hind paws giving soft snores. DustFern stretched each leg at turn and stepped out the den,jumping a bit when he touched a thick layer of snow on the ground. "Okay,wow." DustFern muttered in shock of the beautiful sight,he paced around the snow trying to figure out how to get anywhere with it on the ground. PeddleLeap appeared at his side and gave a soft laugh,"Just jump in it you mouse brain." DustFern gave a confused look and jumped into the thick sheet of snow-..Rather then going any where he sank in snow that reached the top of his stomach. PeddleLeap bursted out laughing but when she jumped into the snow she too sank.