Chapter 33

The brothers were all steamed up to see Rocco force Rose down to her knees as soon as they made it out of the mansion and caught sight of everyone outside. Mauricio's white shirt she wore - was way passed screwed. It was smutty, after having received all the hands that'd roughly romped her all over. The girl was overwhelmed by all the madness already and could care little about what happened next.

Her gaze shifted to Riley. From looking at Sergio's body trying to beat death in the battle he was silently fighting on the hard ground. Rose's reaction was completely off in a mystifying way. She should have been fighting to get out of the compromising position Rocco had put her in, but she'd submitted to him fully, making no attempt to do anything other than stare at Riley. He gawked back, and everything felt wrong. She knew it, but Riley could feel it more. She seemed like an unknown person who was on her knees, trying to make herself known to him by letting him read her eyes. What was she trying to disclose? He wasn't getting the message quite yet, he didn't want to even think about it, if it meant she was doubting her feelings, his own feelings and even his abilities right now.

At the other side of the compound, meters away from the lovebirds that studied each other's deportment, Bunicci felt exasperated beyond endurance. He wasn't liking Rose's knees against the hard ground, nor the look in her eyes. He didn't even understand her demeanor. No one did. Was she disappointed, angry or sad? Maybe she was feeling all three emotions mixed together and evenly.

Bunicci began saying as he moved forward, "Come on, let her go. She didn't do anything to you, let's settle this man to man. How about that?"

Rocco waited for a second, scrutinizing as Bunicci approached, gun ready. "Not another step," he ordered, shouting in his mighty voice, so high pitched and resolute. "Or I will not hesitate to"—his gun pressed Rose's left temple further, enough for her to wince—"ruin this pretty and intelligent brain."

Giovani had returned his gun when Rocco began to come out with Rose, so now he withdrew it at the small of his back and thrashed it towards Rocco who sniggered at the tiny threat that the gesture posed him. "I swear, Sandoval, I will blow up your head if you fucking touch her head with that gun again." To magnify the threat, he clicked off the safety of the gun and pointed it right at the center of Rocco's head. He had good precision.

Stock-still, Riley's face burned as he continued to see Rose at the mercy of Rocco. His anger was passive aggressive. He decided to tie Sergio's injury with a cloth, and then made two steps forward, his eyes shooting lasers at Rocco. "What the fuck do you want with her?" The glint of hope in him instantly died when he saw Rocco treat him as an insignificant fellow by ignoring his question and focusing on the man in his line of vision. Bunicci.

Rocco shook his head in pity as his subject looked beaten. He fed on, and even reached satiety just from the look of cluelessness that plastered Bunicci's face as all his plans turned out not so useful after all. "I'd say you have very few choices," he began with a checked tone. "Regroup, rearm, reinforce again for your own protection. Draw out a gun to settle this now, which you've already done"—he glanced at the gun pointing downwards in Bunicci's hand—"or head for the hills. Which I must add that the last part should not be an option, because if you turn your back against me, I swear to the whore that bore you, before you go on your knees,"—he squinted and gnashed his teeth, feasting on the thought of the man in total surrender—"just a few seconds before that, you'll feel the same betrayal go through your chest. It'll burn your heart out, it'll leave no room for your redemption, and it'll destroy you completely."

Everyone else masked their emotions like Rocco had not just threatened to shoot Bunicci if he'd dare back him. Rose's heart was racing in her chest, she willed her restrained hands to stop shaking as an emotion finally took over her after minutes of not being able to understand what she felt. She was scared again. So she managed and asked, "What did you do, father?"