ego // g.satoru

request // -R0ZETTIAA
angst ; gojo satoru

it was  a dark and gloomy day when you had confessed; perhaps, because of the lack of sun, he wasn't feeling too great. the melatonin in his body was just lower than usual, and it was nothing else. 

and so you assured yourself.

that day, when the clouds had blanketed the sun like a misty veil, you had asked a bright eyed sorcerer-in-training to meet you underneath the big willow tree in the yard of your school.

it was a school for sorcerers; jujutsu sorcerers, to become the best person they could be. weak would become strong, and new skills would be discovered and bring joy to everyone.

however, there was one person that stood out amongst the rest. 

his skill, technique, physique and mental state stood above everyone else, and he had a big ego. 'the strongest sorcerer on earth,' people called him, and he stood ablaze amidst the glory of that title for a long time, probably even until now.

but yes, that day, that dark and dreary day, you had asked him to meet you under the tall sweeping branches of the willow tree. there was a rumor that floated around the students conversations and minds. 

it was that if you confessed to someone under the tree, your love and relationship would stay strong and true. 

so you listened, naively, and planned for the day. you dressed up, you made sure not a hair was out of place, and you got there 5 minutes prior and sat underneath to wait for him.

this 'him,' was gojo satoru; and while you did know your chances were slim, they were there, and you would cling to that strand until it was broken.

so now you sat under the tree, and closed your eyes.

when you opened your eyes, you saw gojo before you. elated that he had even bothered to show up, albeit his casual and usual dress up, you stood up to greet him.

that was when your string of hope broke. 

he held up his hand, and you backed up a single step until your back hit the tree. part of you knew what he was about to say, and part of you wouldn't quite accept it; even though, you knew.

his mouth opened, and you almost felt tears. tears of joy? relief that you were right? or sadness? even many years later, you did not know.

"my apologies; i am not interested."

those words bore themselves into your mind for many years to come, and even after you graduated, his uninterested and unmoving facial expression never left your mind. they had carved themselves deeply into your memory.

but all that, was in the far, far, far past.

now, you would be- should've been 28 years old. 

but you weren't.

your body was still the same as when you were 25, for it was buried deep underground. your mind had broken down and you failed your mission; and the price? 

death.

you had died knowing that he didn't accept you, and you had died knowing that fact. however, what you didn't' know, was that the very same egoistic man had come to visit your grave everyday.

his ego still stood; however, now it had simmered down from the fire that was ablaze many years ago. 

he stood in front of your grave, under the willow tree, on a day just as gloomy as the day you had told him how you felt. there was no sun; a fitting weather for the occasion. 

gojo tilted his head to the left, and he looked down. 

"i wonder.."

"i wonder what the result would've been if i'd pushed down my ego, and let you in?"

although it was him asking himself, and there was no one else with him, he knew the answer. he knew the answer loud and clear, and it stood brightly. 

it was a future; a future where he had someone to go to. 

a future, where he'd be happy.

a future where both of you would be happy.

but you weren't there to see it; not anymore. 

and gojo knew that nothing was to blame but himself; and his ego

a/n. if this is inaccurate to the manga, i'm sorry. i have not read the manga and just did this the best i could with the bits and pieces i knew.

edited 02/10/2021.