Ch. 35: Dating For Real, This Time

"What do you think you're doing with my girlfriend?" Hyunjin asks in a low growl as he glares at Jisung, a dark expression on his face.

Your eyes widen in surprise as you look at Hyunjin. Out of all times, why would he suddenly appear now? And the words he had said... Now, he's just being absurd. You try to pull your hand out of his grip, but his grip stays firm, not letting go of you as he continues glaring at Jisung. "Hyunjin," you then say, trying to catch his attention. "Let me go." You try to get out of his grasp again, but Hyunjin doesn't even notice you at all because of his anger for the boy before him.

Then Jisung speaks up. "Hyunjin, let Y/N go! You're hurting her!"

At those words, it's as if Hyunjin had just woken up from a trance, and he quickly lets go of your hand as he turns to you, his eyes widening. "Y-Y/N... I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"It's okay," you say, cutting him off before looking at him with a stern gaze. "But please don't go around saying absurd things about me again."

Hyunjin's eyes widen at your words. What exactly do you mean?

"I'm not your girlfriend, Hyunjin."

"W-what? But-" A surprised expression forms on the boy's face, and he struggles to say a word to you in the next seconds. "B-but, you agreed-"

"It's not even serious," you say, cutting him off again. "And we never even had any feelings for each other since the beginning."

"But I do!" Hyunjun shouts, a pleading look forming in his eyes as he looks at you.

"And I don't," you reply, your gaze dull as you look at him. "I'm sorry, but that's the truth." And with that, you walk past Hyunjin, grab Jisung's hand, then walk out of the place back inside the cafeteria.

Jisung's eyes are wide as he walks behind you, trying to keep up with your pace as you pull him until he eventually catches up. And when he does, he feels your grip on his hand tighten, making him look at you in concern. "... Y/N?"

You sigh for a moment, before you quickly turn to Jisung and place a quick kiss on his lips. His eyes widen, and you quickly look away to your side as you pull away and stand back on your feet. "I like you, too," you say softly, suddenly becoming shy as you avoid Jisung's gaze. "And I... I accept your confession."

Jisung's eyes widen once again, then he eventually smiles as he looks down shyly. And in the next second, you feel something soft on your cheek, disappearing in the next second. And when you turn to him, you see him smiling at you sweetly. "Me, too."

You eventually smile back at him, then the both of you agree to go to the table you share with your friends, hand in hand and still smiling shyly.

《♧》

"You really are shameless, aren't you?"

"What do you think you're some kind of princess or something?"

"Just die."

"People like you shouldn't even be allowed to breathe. You're nothing but a waste of oxygen."

"What made you think anyone would believe you didn't do it?"

What made you think...

Anyone...

Would believe...

"YOU DID IT!"