Special Chapter: The Squad, and How It Came to Be Pt. 2

Part 2: Youngmin
(11 years ago; Class 3, junior high; Class Designation Exams)

Fun Fact: Youngmin originally wanted to get into Class 1 really badly... only to end up regretting it when he realized just how much school work the students of Class 1 get. Later on, he ended up wanting to drop to Class 2 instead.

The school bell rang, signalling the beginning of classes. It's the first day back at school, and almost everyone was feeling rather antsy. And for a good enough reason.

It's the first day of school. Meaning, every student would be taking the Class Designation Exams today to see which class they would be assigned to for the first semester, and possibly even the whole school year. For these exams, the students would be going to random classrooms in their current grade level to take the exams, and once the results are out, they eventually get to be assigned to their classrooms by the next day.

Among the antsy students, you weren't really one of them (though you still were pretty nervous), but Denise is. And you noticed it with how she kept biting her nails as the both of you continued walking to the classroom of Class 3-1 to take your exams.

"Hey, Denise," you speak up, and the girl turns to you with wariness still obvious on her face.

"Yeah?" she responds as she turns to you, wariness clear on her face.

"Relax," you tell her with a calming tone. "You'll do great! You were always meant to be in Class 1, after all."

Denise laughs nervously, then she looks ahead. "Yeah... Yeah, right. I got this."

"Right?" you then tell her encouragingly as you place your hands on her shoulders and urge her forward. "Now, let's go! Before we're late for our exams!"

Frankly speaking, though you did seem calm, collected, and even excited for the exams, let's just say this was just you thinking, "the sooner finished, the better". Oh, and under the surface? You were rather... somewhat unstrung...?

Kinda like, you're trying to keep yourself together for the exams and Denise, but your nervousness isn't really helping? Yeah, I'm sure you get it.

Anyway, that was the case for you, and so when exams started, boy were you trying with everything inside you not to burst when you just suddenly found yourself with another annoying seatmate!

Too bad Denise isn't here to help you this time. I mean, she is, but it's not like she can just talk freely during an exam. Also, your seats were arranged in the order of the Korean alphabet and so you just had to stick with it.

And by stick with it, that would mean having to deal with this annoying "Choi" who sits just beside you.

Not like he was actually trying to annoy you on purpose. He was just doing random annoyed hisses and gasps of realization... at first. And though it did, annoy you, you didn't really think much of it...

Until one such point when he suddenly decided to talk to you.

"Hey!" he whisper-shouts in your direction, keeping his head down to not get caught. "Hey! You're the rowdy elite, right? Can... can you help me here?... Just a little bit?"

You ignore him at first, continuing on with your own exams while keeping your own head down. But he just won't let you go at all. Like he didn't have anyone else to ask.

"Hey! I know you can hear me? It's just one question, I promise. I'm already done with the others, anyway. Please?"

How he still isn't caught after all that talking he's done, you have no idea. But you just wish he already had been. I mean, he's literally asking you for answers.