Chapter Twenty-Two: Time To Attack.

"Fuck, it's too early for this."

"Quit your bitching dude, you heard the boss, we're attacking today."

Right now Dark Pit, along with Phosphora, were leading the Forces of Nature towards Skyworld, at five fucking thirty in the morning.

Viridi wanted them to leave a little early so they would arrive just before the sun started to rise, to give them the element of surprise, which won't be necessary, since Pittoo had already warned Pit and Palutena of the attack.

"I just don't see why it has to be so early." The angel sighs, grumbling under his breath about how he should still be in bed asleep.

"Oh shut it, if you keep complaining I'll fight you right here right now." Phosphora threatens, though it was an empty one.

Dark Pit just rolled his eyes in response, not bothering to respond.

The truth was that he didn't really get much sleep, he was too busy worrying about the battle ahead. He would've taken some kind of natural herb to help him sleep, since Viridi had a lot of those, but then he would be hard to wake up and they probably would've left without him, and he wants to make sure that Pit is gonna be safe, at least from the other commanders, his boy can handle the army.

Well Pit can handle the commanders too but not all at once, is what he meant.

Pittoo closes his eyes for a moment while flying, Viridi controls his flight path so he didn't have to worry about bumping into anything, but then again, he wouldn't put it past her to make him crash into an object just because he wasn't paying attention when he should be.

"Hey! We're here."

The darker opens his eyes again upon hearing Phosphora's voice. He looks ahead of him to see Skyworld in the distance.

'Whelp, here goes nothing.'

The lightning Goddess makes a hand signal to tell half of the Forces of Nature troops to follow her, which they do.

Dark Pit does the same with his half, but goes left instead of right.

While the two groups slowly close in on the sides of the main floating island, Pit and Palutena were already waiting for them.

-

"Ugh, why do they have to invade us so early? It's like the Aurum all over again." Pit complained, standing next to Lady Palutena just outside the temple's main entrance, looking over at the horizon.

Palutena giggles. "Aw are you sleepy Pit? Y'know I could make you a coffee if you're so tired." She suggests, grinning.

"Sure, if you don't mind." He replies, looking at her. "Iced, please."

"Of course." She says, about to turn around to walk into the temple to get started on making the drink when something caught her eye amongst the clouds in front of them.

Pit saw the movement too, and immediately got into an attack stance. "On second thought, we've got company to deal with first." He growled.

Palutena just nods, waving her staff upwards to signal the Centurions that were hiding nearby to get ready, she cast a small spell earlier so that they could see where her and Pit were at all times incase they needed extra protection, but hopefully that wouldn't be needed.

When the Forces of Nature came closer, Pit could see that they had split into two groups, just as Pittoo had told them would happen, speaking of him, he was leading half of the troops to the left side of the island that the temple was on.

Pit smiled softly when he saw his boyfriend, it's felt like forever since he last laid his eyes on him.

"Pit!"

The angel blinks and looks behind him at the source of his name being yelled.

"Tell the Centurions to attack, they know not to go after Pittoo."

He nods curtly, turning back to the group of Nature troops that were hovering in the air nearby, awaiting command.

"Alright everyone! Get ready to defend Skyworld and Lady Palutena with your lives!" He yells, holding one golden blade from his trusted Palutena Bow up in the air.

Suddenly, the Forces of Nature moved in at what seemed like Lightning speed, beginning to attack random buildings, that were luckily vacant.

Pit glares at them for a moment before yelling;

"Attack!"