e p i l o g u e

Rommeldaisy Thank you for giving my story a chance and asking for an epilogue! Else, I probably wouldn't have written it 🌟 Enjoy!

~~••~~••~~••~••~~••~~••~~••~~

~ Two Years Later ~

"Happy Birthday, Wynn!"

Everybody clapped merrily as Wynn, our dear, little, son turned one. With the birthday caps on our heads, Wade and I cut the Marvel Universe-themed cake together with Wynn. He clapped and laughed as Ben, Cara, dad, and Liam pulled the confetti poppers. The birthday party was entirely Marvel-themed because, well, like parents like son.

"Yay, Wynn! You're one, buddy!" Ben exclaimed, smiling brightly at his Godson.

I wouldn't be alive if I hadn't granted my best friends their rightful titles. Not to forget, Ben was quick to declare me and Cara the Godmothers of his and Henry's pretty three-year-old daughter, Paris.

"I cannot believe, he's one already!" mom said, getting a bit sentimental.

"Aw, mom..." I giggled while giving her a side hug. "Today is to celebrate Wynn's one year and make it memorable."

"And you're doing a great job," Zachery, aka Dr. Louis, joked.

"Oh, please," mom rolled her eyes.

It's a bit mind-boggling how cute my mother and Zac are together. They literally are soulmates, taking care of each other and behaving like kids. Honestly, I have never seen mom this happy; even with me, and that makes me quite envious. Haha.

"Our big boy is waiting for his cake!" Cheryll clasped her palms while looking down affectionately at Wynn.

There's no lying here. Everybody adores Wynn and we are so grateful for all the love our little guy receives. It fills up my heart to see how much loved and cared for he is. What makes this even special is how almost opposite it is from me. Where I had either been deprived or had to struggle for love, my son is getting it without even trying.

I feel like the happiest mother on this planet!

Wade and I then held the knife with Wynn's small hand over ours as the cake finally got its first cut.

"Woohoo!"

"Yay!"

"Happy Birthday, Wynn!"

We all exclaimed the birthday wishes once again which made Wynn giggle cutely and clap for himself. First, we let Wynn taste his Marvel cake before dividing it equally for everybody. He has received so many gifts that the boxes were all around his like a boundary. Wynn and Paris's birthdays are really celebrated as festivals as they are the little cuties of our now big family.

"I know people are saying this to this... but really. I can't get over the fact that Wynn's already one!" I laughed as I glance up at my husband.

As usual, he gave me his million-dollar, peaceful smile that never fails to calm me down.

"I know. It will always be this way with us on his every birthday. We're gonna be the happiest and kinda sad at the same time. We love to watch him grow, but don't want him to grow up too soon."

I laughed as we shared a hug. "We are so selfish, ain't we?"

Wade frowned, "No, I don't think so. You see, we would be selfish if by not wanting for our son to not grow up meant pausing our growing process as well."