Fourteen

Ziva stopped and stared for a couple of reasons. One, because she thought she was imagining things and two because she seriously thought she was imagining things.

"Why is there a cowhide couch in the front entry?" She looked at Craig in question.

"Beats the heck out of me," he said as he walked up and stood next to her. They both stood and stared at the hideously ugly couch that was blocking the front foyer as well as, the front door.

"It isn't a couch, it's a cooooouch!" Mellissa said as she ran up beside them.

"Uh isn't that what I said? It's a couch." Ziva stared at her.

"No, it's a cooooouch! Not the same thing at all," Mellissa insisted.

"What exactly is the difference?" Craig asked her.

"Well, a cooooouch is like a regular couch except it's covered in cowhide and instead of moo it goes cooooouch!" Mellissa explained in a slow patient voice like she was talking to a preschooler.

"And where exactly did you get this couch?" Ziva asked her.

"No, no cooooouch! We ordered it online," Angela said cheerfully as she came dancing up next to them.

"Online? Where did you get the money to order this couch online?" Craig asked Angela.

"Cooooouch! We aren't going to tell you if you can't even get the name correct!" Mellissa replied grumpily.

"Fine, where did you get the cash to buy this cooooouch online?" Ziva snapped.

"From various sources," Mellissa replied evasively.

"Various sources huh," Craig said, sending Ziva a sidelong glance.

"Mmmhmm, various sources," Angela agreed.

"Where in the blazes are my TV and my PlayStation?" Logan asked them as he came stomping down the hallway.

"How should we know?" Ziva asked him.

"I wasn't asking you, kid. I was asking the curtain climbers." He glared pointedly at Mellissa.

Mellissa shrugged. "We aren't allowed near your stuff, Logan."

"Allowed and what you actually do are two completely different things. Where are they?" He jammed the stub of a cigar between his teeth and continued to glare at them.

Mellissa and Angela stared back completely unfazed. Though, Ziva thought she saw Angela's tiny fist clench in the skirt of her tutu. After several minutes of this silent standoff, Logan finally let out a low growl, turned and stomped off.

Storm came rushing down the hallway looking harried and slightly confused. "Has anyone seen my desk chair? I can't seem to locate it anywhere!" She stopped dead when she spotted the cooooouch. "What on earth is that thing?"

"It's a cooooouch!" Mellissa informed her proudly.

"Well whatever it is, get it out of the entry!" Storm hurried off in search of her chair.

"You guys had better find a way to move that thing before Storm gets back," Craig told them.

"No way! We want to find Skylar and have her possess it, so we can ride it! You know like the bull riding in the rodeo!" Mellissa told them excitedly.

Ziva slapped a hand to her forehead. "You have got to be kidding me?"

"Why would we kid about that?" Angela asked her in confusion.

"Stevie is looking for Skylar right now!" Mellissa informed them.

"Great, I'm sure Skylar will be thrilled," Craig said under his breath.