FFB Pt 2

"I leave you two alone for two minutes and you crash the plane!"

Gladdy flinched at Bradford's harsh voice, his hands shooting up in defense. "For the record, it wasn't my fault!"

"Way to throw me under the bus, Gladdy." Fethry frowned, fiddling with coil on the headphones. "We're all still alive, aren't we?"

"You are the most irresponsible adult I have ever met." Bradford crossed his arms, sighing.

"I'm irresponsible? You were the one who let me..." Fethry paused, realizing it was too late to retract his sentence. "Drive the thiiiing..." Fear seeded its way into him, Bradford giving him a death glare. Fethry sunk into his seat, gulping.

"Is that so?" Bradford spoke very calm and slow, only terrifying Fethry more.

"You know what? Pretend I didn't say that."

"Honestly Fethry, why on earth did you think this was a good idea?" Bradford counted off his annoyances on his fingers. "We have no clue where we are, you risked the lives of all of us, I'm certain you broke several laws, including flying without a license..." Bradford went on reprimanding Fethry, but to him, it sounded more like, "Blah blah blah."

"Fight, fight, fight!" Launchpad cheered behind them. That earned a glare from everyone. He retracted his chant, laughing nervously and stepping back from the argument.

Gladdy interrupted the argument. "Hey, if we crashed, how come we're still in the air?" He pointed outward, drawing everyone's attention.

They had crashed the plane on top of a towering peak, leaving the plane balancing ever so delicately on the tip. They all pressed their faces to the windows to get a better view. The kids were there too, Fethry didn't know how long they'd been up here.

"Fethry!" Bradford snapped.

"What? It's fine! In fact, this is better. We'll just fly off the terrifying peak of death, and then we can get on with our trip." He hopped himself back into the pilot's seat before anyone could stop. Sure of himself, he pushed a lever forward. The engines whirred in response. At least, one did. The other went Ker-klunk. With only one functional engine, the plane spun, knocking them all to one side of the plane. In the rapid movement, Fethry tumbled out of the seat, leaving no one to stop the spinning. The family screamed for their lives, wasting their breath.

Feet sliding, Bradford fought towards the cockpit. He grabbed onto miscellaneous things to pull himself forward. Finally, he reached the seat. Stretching his arm, he took hold of the lever and pulled it back, turning off the engine. The plane creaked to a halt, worse off than before. After catching his breath, he narrowed his eyes at Fethry.

The red clad duck shrugged. "Okay, so maybe that was my fault. But it could be worse." He stepped towards the older bird, throwing his arm around Bradford.

"How could it be worse?"

"Never ask that question," Gladdy mumbled, his arms tightly tucked close to his body, smiling to cover up any fears he had.

"The plane could be on fire. We could be on fire. We could've crashed on a volcano. Everything could be on fire!"

"Huey's on fire," Louie pointed out. The red triplet's hair was indeed on fire.

Fethry rolled his eyes. "Not helping." He moved to the ladder down, waving for the other adults to follow him. On the way, he ruffled the fire out of Huey's hair.

Climbing down the ladder, he smirked up at Bradford. "Not to worry. I have a plan."

"Last time you had a plan, you made everything worse." Bradford hopped down after his boss.