❀[008]❀

Unedited

A brief goodbye is all you had the time to give Catherine. A quick painful bandaid pull of longing saying goodbye while buying time by the door. Staying in one spot to watch her slowly disappear from sight as the front door was closed on her. Moments like these, these were ones you wished you could've enjoyed the moments when she was playful more.

Yet, you didn't. You were so focused on escaping, that you forgot to think about her instead, or think about how much she had cared for you, think about everything she had done in an attempt to help you, even though you sounded crazy. As your mind tried to wonder to another place, a searing feeling of someone staring at you made you snap back to reality.

"You know what you were trying to do earlier, no?" You saw the look of disappointment upon his face and it only caused a familiar ache within you. The look of disapproval from another person never felt nice. Ever. You only averted your eyes, trying to get away from the conversation.

"Of course I know what I was trying to do. Do you know? Maybe I have to explain it to you."

"Don't try to play with me right now. It's not going to lighten the situation. You know what you've done. That's strike one. You only have two more chances to keep things right" You stood there baffled by his words. Strike one? Who did he think he was? Your mom? Your face contorted into something sour, was this homeless guy really going to run your life? You left your parents for a reason. To get away from shit like this.

He mimicked the same expression you made back at you, you bitterly let a few words slip, "Why are you copying me?"

"To show you how stupid you look."
For the first time in a the moments you had spent with him, a blade had went straight through you. The sudden snappiness was unexpected from him. The sweet boy moments from earlier became more preferable to this.

You tried to think of something to say back. He really thought he was a that, huh? All that and a slice of bread. No, he was just some misogynistic male with rejection Issues (as most men are). Who can't handle the rejection of the person he claims to like, he holds them hostage to compensate for that fact. As well as compensating that, they can't receive real love from any women, so he's forced to evoke fear as in order to get what he wants, truly believing that this world is a male dominated society purely due to the fear that men can invoke in something "weaker" then themselves.

Strike one. That had meant you only had two chances left. Two chances until he pulled you to the thing he called his world. You had no idea what that meant for you. Did that mean he was going to kill you? A metaphor for death? You'll become a victim to him like most women would become victim to men with rejection Issues. You didn't know what to think, you only spat out witty words to brake down his ego once more.e

"Well, you.." You tried to think of something to say. However, the two brain cells you had remaining bounced around the walls within your head, singing songs of kumbaya and smoking weed like hipsters with a bad taste in music.

"You... you really are a blonde, huh?"

"What?"

"I could only explain it to you. I didn't expect you to get it anyways..." You murmured, trying to brush past him to go back to your room, you didn't feel the need to talk with Donatella Versace anymore.

He dropped his tensed up state as you began to walk back to your room. In his mind, he had figured you finally submitted to his words. Giving into his rules like a good girl, but you weren't. You were nobody's doll. You did things for yourself. You only went to your room to think about later. You'd kill him in his sleep later. Strangulation with a pillow, or beating him to death with your mom's crusty old vibrator.

Before you could get more then a feet away, a hard knock pounded on the door. Maybe, it was your savior? Police? Officials? You turned around, feeling the weight of all burdens lifted as you shoved past him to open the door. Expecting something polite, you in fact, got the exact opposite. You open the door only to be greeted by a harsh smell within your nose of cheap perfume and cigarettes.

With a venomous tone, someone simply hissed out the words, "You."