Nine

Namjoon leaves another heavy box on the floor. He can't wait for the day he can finally move to his new place. But things are not ready yet, and even though he hates asking for help, he needs a place to stay. And what better than his best friend's house? Min Yoongi would never complain about it.

It's only for a few months anyway. As soon as he comes comes back from the honeymoon he'll go straight to the new house with his wife. To have the perfect life he always planned. Nothing can mess that up.

Things are going perfectly for him. They always do. A perfect life with a perfect job, perfect friends who are as rich as him, perfect scores in all his tests during college and soon he'll also have a perfect wife.

He could dare to say there's absolutely nothing out of place. Or that's what he wants to think, when someone knocks on his door. With a smile and starting to unpack he lets the other in. The one person he didn't want to see again. The one he wanted to avoid for now.

- H-Hi

Namjoon has to keep the calm. Jin looks as beautiful as the day he left. His voice sounds as sweet as always. It's been so long since he talked to him. The perfect boy he refuses to take back into his life.

- Hi Jin! Did you need anything?

- Joonie, can we talk?

- Sure! It's been a while haha

He tries not to look into his eyes. Things are finally working out. He doesn't need to fuck it up again. He waits for the other to start a friendly conversation. One of those where two friends catch up. But after a minute of silence, Jin talks. And Namjoon realizes this is not gonna be that easy

- Are you really gonna marry her? W-Why?

- What? - He prays it's just a empty question - I mean...you know...I always wanted to get married!

- Yes, to me. You always wanted to marry me.

Namjoon turns around. This has to be a joke. He looks at Jin waiting for him to laugh. Waiting for at least a smile. But that's not what he sees at all.

- I mean... it's been many years from that...Look, what we had before was beautiful and I don't regret any of it! But Jin...life goes on, you know?

- But I thought...- He stops to think - ...Why didn't you tell me?

- Tell you? Jin, I literally left the country. I told you back then I wasn't gonna have a distance relationship and that-

- And that we would talk about it when you returned. Well, you're here. So tell me...now what?

Namjoon can't help to stay silent for a minute. He never thought he was gonna see him like this. He was ready to see how Jin got over him like he was supposed to do. He though he would have changed... He'd be different. But no. He's exactly the same as he was when he left. He's still that hopelessly in loved boy that talks softly and cries for him.

- Jin...I really appreciate you as a friend. And I don't wanna lose that. But...I can't offer you any more than that, you understand?

- No... - He can't keep the tears from falling -...I don't understand, Joonie

Jin cleans his tears and Namjoon is not ready to comfort him right now. He's confused. He never thought Jin would still be in loved with him after all this time of them not talking at all! He doesn't know what to say, and like a savior from heaven, Jungkook enters the room.

Jin makes sure the young boy doesn't see his tears. Jungkook, unaware of what was happening, happily asks a favor from Namjoon.

- Could you get me a job at your company? I need money

- You have money, Kook

- Yeah, but you-know-who has control over it so I don't spend it in what I want. Pleeeeasee Hyung, pretty please

Realizing he won't get any answers, at least for now, Jin leaves the other two behind. Walking back to his room he bumps into Yoongi, but the other doesn't even look at him and keeps walking. Feeling as lonely as he did this last four years, he locks himself in his room.

Not even one second in, he lets the tears out again. Hugging himself he sits on the floor. How could Namjoon let him go that easily? Jin wrote to him every single day for four years. He ignored his thoughts everytime the words "moving on" came to mind.

The reason for him to get up every morning is Namjoon. The reason why he kept his father's company despite hating the job is to be the perfect husband that Namjoon's parents would approve. He studied for him. He worked for him. He secretly bought a house near the beach for him.

His entire life was built around what Kim Namjoon once said he wanted. And he just...left? He found someone else? What is he supposed to do now? What's next? What's the whole point of doing anything at all?

On the floor he sees the drawing he did for Jimin. The one of him wearing the clothes he designed. The strippers are constantly trying to get everyone's attention. Maybe...if he tries hard enough... he can get Namjoon's attention back. Just like he did years a go. And he hopes to do this right. Because is the only reason he has to get up again tomorrow.

Next Chapter

No need to be that quiet, Jeon

You thought about him again, didn't you?

------------------------------------------------------

Why do you think Namjoon left Jin behind? (I promise I'll let you know eventually. Jin breaks my heart here)

Next time we'll see Tae! A little with Jungkook and a little with his soulmate! See you on Tuesday!

- Baby Y