What Would Jason Do?

Marinette and Jason crawled into a tiny space behind a bistro. Jason threw his jacket over his little sister and she cuddled into Jason's chest with his arms around her. 

Marinette peaked up at her older brother. "Tell me a story, Jay?" He looked down at the 8 year old. Her large blue doe eyes twinkled as she stared up at him. Oh why did he teach her how to do the puppy eyes?

Relinquishing underneath the hold of her stare, Jason held her close as he began with his story. "Long ago, in a little patch of woods, was a quaint cottage. In that cottage, there was a girl. Her name was Marianne. She looked a lot like like you Pixie. Marianne loved to make bread and would make delicious, sticky jam filled tarts with berries, she picked from the bushes from her garden."

Marinette smiled widely. "I love jam tarts! Especially strawberry tarts... I wish I could meet Marianne..." 

Jason smiled at his sister. "I know Pixie. Now Marianne also had a brother. His name was Jaden. Jaden loved to hunt. He used his trusty, old rifle to hunt deer, rabbits or sometimes squirrel so they could have a yummy dinner. He also loved to carve things for his sister and often made decorations for their cottage." 

Marinette giggled. "You like to carve too Jay! He's like you and Marianne is like me!" 

Jason hummed and continued, "One day their cottage was destroyed and they were taken prisoner by some very bad people!" 

Marinette gasped in outrage. 

"They were thrown into prison, only getting water a few hours everyday and they would sometimes go days without food." 

Marinette's bottom lip jutted out. "Like us Jay?" 

He nodded. "Like us, Pixie. Now let me continue. Whenever they got food, they would split the food up that way they got equal amounts of food. But they didn't care about how they were treated. As long as they had each other and as long as they were still together, they were okay. But then, one day Marianne was taken away from Jaden and taken far away to live with another family." 

Tears gathered in Marinette's eyes. Jason noticed so he hastily made a happy ending so she wouldn't cry. 

"They were apart for many many years but they never forgot each other. One day, Marianne found a way to get back to Jaden. She ran away from where she was living and traveled long and hard. When she made it, she searched for Jaden at the cottage. She waited for Jaden to come home there. After a few days, she started losing hope and as she was getting ready to leave, somebody opened the door and walked in. It was Jaden!" 

Marinette cheered. 

"They hugged each other tightly as they cried and exchanged stories of what happened to them. They stayed with each other for the rest of their lives, never being taken away from each other again." 

Marinette smiled. "Yay! They were happy and celebrated with lots of tarts, right Jay?" 

Jason laughed. "Oh yes. Lots. Enough to fill the air with the smell of tarts for miles around." 

Marinette giggled before frowning at her brother. "You won't ever leave me right Jay? You'll stay with me till we steal enough money to get a place to live?" 

Jason nodded. "Never. We'll be together forever." 

Marinette cuddled into Jason's arms. "Ok. Love you Jay." 

Jason kissed the top of her head. "Love you Pixie." 

~~~~~

But it did happen.