- prologue

CHARLIE LAHEY WAS hiding behind a bush as her best friend, Stiles Stilinski was hiding on the roof

CHARLIE LAHEY WAS hiding behind a bush as her best friend, Stiles Stilinski was hiding on the roof. Scott McCall, their other best friend, comes out the house with a bat. Stiles hangs upside down from the roof and when they see each other, they two start screaming. Charlie stands up from the bush and Scott screams even more. Charlie laughs at him.

"Stiles, Charlie, what the hell are you doing?!" Scott yells.

"He dragged me over hear and I told him to just knock." Charlie said pointing at Stiles, who rolls his eyes.

"You weren't answering your phone! Why do you have a bat?"

"I thought you were a predator!" The McCall boy shouts and Stiles laughs for a second.

"A pre... Look, I know it's late, but you've got to hear this. My dad left twenty minutes ago, dispatch call. They're bringing every officer of the Beacon department, and even the state police."

"For what?" Scott and Charlie asked.

"They found a body in the woods." Stiles answers and Charlie's eyes widen.

"A dead body?" Scott questions.

"No, a living dead... Yes, jackass! It's a dead body!" Stiles yells.

"What other body would there be? A body of water?" Charlie asked sarcastically.

"You mean like murdered?" Scott asked.

"Nobody knows yet. It was a girl, probably in her twenties..."

"Hold on, if they found the body, then what are they looking for?" Charlie asked the Stilinski boy.

"That's the best part... They only found a half! We're going." Stiles said and the other two follow him to his jeep.

"So, let's see this." Stiles says and Scott raises his shirt to show him and Charlie the bite.

"It was too dark to see very much, but I'm pretty sure it was a wolf." Scott says.

"A wolf bit you? No, not a chance." Charlie says.

"I heard a wolf howling."

"No you didn't!" Stiles yells.

"What do you mean I didn't, how do you know what I heard?" Scott asked.

"Because California doesn't have wolves for like sixty years." Charlie says as she leaned closer to Stiles.

"See, she's smart." Stiles said putting his arm around her shoulders and she elbowed him.

"Really?"