iii. those are silver, these are gold

CHARLIE WAS SAT down in the floor as she watched Scott and Allison climb the rock wall

CHARLIE WAS SAT down in the floor as she watched Scott and Allison climb the rock wall. The only reason she was able to go to school was Stiles begging his dad to let her. She hasn't seen her brother since that night he left the jail with Derek. Stiles was braiding her hair for when she has to go up the rock wall.

"I bet I can beat you on the rock wall." Charlie speaks up.

"No you won't."

"Your still braiding my hair."

"Yeah, cause I want it to be perfect."

"It doesn't have to be." She says.

"But I want it to be." He says above a whisper.

As Stiles played with the strains of hair he didn't braid, his hand touch her back. Charlie let a breathe out and she moved her head to look back at him. They heard Coach's voice and Charlie looked over at Scott as Stiles continued to braid her hair.

"McCall, I don't know why, but your pain gives me a special kind of joy... Right?... All right, next two! Stilinski, Erica, let's go! The wall."

"But Charlie and I were going to be partners-"

"Stilinski. The wall!"

"But-"

"You can go, I'll be fine. It's not the end of the world."

"Oh, please-" Erica says panicking as her and Stiles were panicking.

"Erica? Dizzy? Is it vertigo?"

"Vertigo's a dysfunction of the vestibular system of the inner ear. She's just freaking out." Lydia says snidely and Charlie rolls her eyes.

"Erica..." Allison says.

"I'm fine." Erica speaking with a shaky voice.

"Coach, maybe it's not safe. You know, she's epileptic." Charlie says getting anxious.

"Why doesn't anybody tell me this stuff?... Erica, y-you're fine. Just-just kick off from the wall. Th-there's a mat to catch you. Come on... See? You're fine. You're on the ground. You're all right. Let's go. Shake it off. You're fine." Coach says.

Erica walks by the people laughing. Charlie's face turned from concern to sadness. Coach continued to speaks so Charlie put her attention to that.

"Listen up! Anybody sees Isaac Lahey, you immediately tell the principal. Get a teacher, or you call me... Except for you, Greenberg- don't call me for anything. I'm not kidding. Don't call me. You shouldn't even have my number." Coach says as Charlie felt her heart beat fast.

"Isaac?"

"It's Derek's problem now..." Stiles says.

Charlie lets a soft scoff out. She walks by Stiles and Scott. Scott gives Stiles a look. Charlie walks out of the gym and finds Erica sitting on the floor.