Chapter 4

Draco was sitting next to Harry as Mme Pomfrey was fussing around him, and was fast to notice Harry's pallor and how he went green after drinking it. Harry put a hand over his mouth and stood up, trying to leave, clearly looking dizzy, but unable to take a single step before Mme Pomfrey pushed him back down on the bed, pulling Draco away with the other hand, making him angry.

"What-?" Draco asked, as he got moved away, Mme Pomfrey making Harry lie down, Harry already asleep by the time she took a step back, Melissa helping Mme Pomfrey to keep Draco back.

"Mr Malfoy, please stay back form Mr Potter and go back to your dorm, Mr Potter needs to be left as undisturbed as possible while he's being treated." Mme Pomfrey said, turning away from Harry to face the two Slytherins in the room.

"Draco, could you wait outside for me to take you to the dorm, I need to talk to Mme Pomfrey about something." Melissa said, after making eye contact with the woman.

"No, if it's about Harry then I deserve to know!" Draco said loudly, his eyes flashing as he struggled against Melissa's hold on his arms.

"Mr Malfoy, you must not disturb Mr Potter or you could make the situation worse, please wait outside and go to your dorm when Melissa has finished talking to me. You can visit again daily, but for now you need to leave, it's almost curfew anyway." Mme Pomfrey said firmly, looking at Draco who was still being held back firmly by Melissa.

"You're the one who made him feel sick! Let me stay with him!" Draco yelled, his robes starting to bulge slightly at the back, making Mme Pomfrey and Melissa make eye contact over Draco's head in a knowing way.

"Mr Malfoy, Mr Potter felt sick because he ate more than he's used to, he's not going to come to harm, but your attempts to help him may end up making it harder to do so. Please trust me to take care of him." Mme Pomfrey said, lowering herself to be at eye level with Draco.

"You have our words that nothing bad will happen to Potter." Melissa said, her grip on Draco's arms tightening slightly for a second.

Draco glared at Mme Pomfrey, Melissa behind him, meaning he would have to bend his neck awkwardly to glare at her too. He didn't want to leave Harry with them, Harry was his mate, it was his job to protect him, and his creature wanted to be near him, especially given how ill he looked after taking the potion, but he was tired and felt stiff after being on a train all day and worrying about Harry, and needing to deal with Hedwig too.

"It won't take long, wait outside and then get a good rest, maybe write to your parents too." Mme Pomfrey said pointedly, but Draco may have missed her point.

Draco glanced over at the pale, sleeping Harry with affection in his eyes, before ripping himself out of Melissa's arms and stormed out of the Hospital Wing, but he did walk more slowly when he was walking by Harry, looking at him as long as he could.

"So they're mates?" Melissa asked when the door finally closed behind Draco.

"Definitely seems like it." Mme Pomfrey said with a sigh, going over to Harry with her wand out ready to start healing Harry. "I assume you want details for Professor Sprout?"

"Yes, what's wrong with him?" Melissa asked, walking over to sit on the bed next to Harry's so she wasn't in the way, but close enough so Mme Pomfrey could talk quietly to her.

"A lot, to be honest, I think it's just his magic that's keeping him alive, he must be in a lot of pain, and he's probably used to it too. Severe malnourishment, abuse, injuries, exhaustion amongst other things." Mme Pomfrey said, casting as many healing spells as she could for now. "There are broken bones that have healed in the wrong position, which I'll need to break and heal again, but for that I'll need permission from his caregivers, but his current caregivers should be changed."