Deep Down the Rabbit Hole

A/n: thank you so much for the feedback yall. it helped tremendously.

CHAPTER ANTHEMS:
A Conversation About Death by Scattered Trees (OP)
All or Nothing by Theory of a Deadman
Just Like You by Three Days Grace
Far from Home by Five Finger Death Punch
Comatose by Skillet
Trying to Catch Up with the World by Saint Asonia (ED)

In the morning at around 8am, Midoriya's alarm on his phone went off, coaxing him out of his sleep. Bright beams of the early morning sunlight filtered through the room, crossing over the bed and over your side. Midoriya yawned gently as he shut the alarm off and relaxed again.

You were tucked into his chest, head resting against his bicep as your arm wrapped around his waist. Your legs were entangled with each other's, and Midoriya simply gazed at you softly and lovingly. You had a hard time falling asleep, but Midoriya had been able to get you to sleep by patting your head and giving you forehead kisses repeatedly.

It was actually really cute. You had been like a docile tiger, enjoying the attention even though you had fought long and hard to stay awake. Once you had fallen asleep, Midoriya had protected your mind through the night the best he could, imagining he was a knight protecting an important vault from enemies.

Though, Midoriya hadn't felt anything strange in the time that he had been awake. It made him wonder if the man had lost interest after Midoriya had gotten you to wake up. Thinking of the man, Midoriya's eyes opened wider as the sleep began to leave him. That's right, he needed to see All Might.

Midoriya had to tell him how you had somehow gotten hurt in the real world while you were dreaming. Midoriya was convinced that it had something to do with the man's quirk. Dream Manipulation, maybe? It wasn't too far-fetched, but the quirk was extremely rare.

In fact, there were only five people in the world who were known to have Dream Manipulation, and all but two were left alive. Not only that, but Midoriya was sure he had another quirk as well...one that complimented his Dream Manipulation quirk (if that's what the man had, at least). It had to be the explanation for Bakugo's sudden soul mark and the telepathy.

But then that meant that this man had been watching over them for a long time.

The thought unsettled Midoriya, and he shook his head. He needed to get up and speak with All Might, but you were so tightly wound around his body that Midoriya wouldn't be able to shake you easily without waking you.

Slowly, Midoriya began to pry his body from you, wincing whenever you would sigh and grumble. When his arm was almost free from under your neck, you huffed and mumbled.

"'Zuku, stop that."

You immediately started to snore again, and Midoriya couldn't help but let out a small chuckle. You really startled him for a moment. Peeling away from your body, Midoriya slipped out of bed stealthily before making himself presentable. Spying the white shirt on your chair, Midoriya glanced at you before smirking. Slipping the shirt on, he grabbed his hoodie, shoes, phone, and was out the door.

As he sped-walk to All Might's office, he was surprised to see Endeavor, Aizawa, Shinso, Michi, Asami, and Principle Nezu all gathered within the room.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Am I interrupting?"

Principle Nezu smiled brightly at Midoriya, shaking his head and beckoning him in.

"Oh no, it's quite alright. In fact, we were actually just speaking of you! All Might, would you kindly fill in Young Midoriya?"

Toshinori nodded, and Midoriya glanced at Endeavor and Shinso, meeting their gazes. Endeavor looked mad, as always, an irritated scowl on his face, and Shinso looked disinterested, shifting from foot-to-foot as he waited for Toshinori to begin speaking.