Chapter 5

Wilbur walked through the halls, just returning home from the battlefield. He had to see if the rumors were true. He needed to know it was fake, needed that reassurance his son was still there.

He turned down the hall where their bedrooms lay. The guards were on the floor, pale and lifeless.

Wilbur ran forward, checking their pulses. He turned his head to Fundy's room, seeing the door open and the room empty. He stumbled toward the room, grabbing the doorframe to steady himself. Three different sets of footprints laid on the floor; three different people.

He covered his mouth, frozen in shock. His shock passed at the sounds of footsteps coming down the hallway. He ran into the room, checking every nook and cranny in the room.

"FUNDY!" Wilbur called out. He couldn't lose him too; he couldn't.

He turned, looking at the newly arrived guards. "Go! To find my son! Don't return till you do!"

The guards nodded, running back down the hall to check the castle from top to bottom.

Wilbur walked out of Fundy's room, pushing past the castle's servants. Wilbur made his way outside, checking the castle front for any sign of where his son would have gone. He looked for a while, some of the guards joining him outside to search.

After hours of looking, none of them could find anything. Fundy had disappeared into thin air. 

Wilbur went back to Fundy's room, getting on his knees in the middle of the room. He looked around, taking everything in around him. He hugged himself, a few tears falling before becoming sobs. Wilbur screamed, leaning over so his forehead was touching the floor.

Tommy walked into the room, sitting beside his brother and hugging him.  After a few minutes, Phil joined them. Techno joined a few seconds after Phil, choosing to sit beside the rest of his family.

"Why him?" Wilbur whispered into his father's chest.

"Because he was an easy target," Phil responded. He looked down at his middle child, pulling him closer.

Techno stood, beginning his assessment of the room. "There're no marks on the walls, nor is the door broken, which means they had the key. Fundy's room is still perfectly intact, no signs of a struggle," Techno mumbled, crossing his arms. He turned around. "I think he went willingly."

Tommy perked. "Willingly? But, why?"

"Probably because we locked him in his room. And on top of that, we just left him in there for months with no human interaction," Techno responded. If he was to be honest, he wanted Fundy on the battlefield. Sure, Fundy was having some magical outbursts, but maybe instead of locking him away, they could have helped him.

Techno looked back up at the sound of arguing. Wilbur was pushing Phil back, forcing him against the wall. Tommy was just watching them. He, most likely, was scared he was going to get hurt.

Techno stepped towards Tommy, pulling him back and away from the angered adults. He wrapped himself around his baby brother, acting as a shield from anything flying objects.

Wilbur growled, looking between his brothers and his father. He turned, walking out the door and slamming it behind him, cracking it around the handle.

The three remaining members of the family stared at the door, waiting for it to reopen. It never did, however.

Phil made his way over to his other sons, hugging them close to himself, Techno resisting for a minute. The three stayed there for the rest of the night, too scared of the damage that Wilbur had caused outside of the room.