Chapter 13

Dream scanned the hallway, unsure of his thoughts and feelings. The name that had escaped his mouth was one he'd never heard before. No one on the castle staff was named Lycus, and none of his friends were named Lycus. Maybe he was a citizen, but he didn't know his citizens personally. Where did the name come from?

Dream groaned, covering his face with his hands. He scanned the hall again, ensuring he didn't miss anything. When he didn't spot anything new, he turned, heading back in the direction he had been heading. Sapnap and Fundy should be back soon anyways.

-----

George and Sapnap led the other two through the back halls of the castle. Sapnap lit the way with the small flame he could sprout from his hand. George turned his head slightly, ensuring the other two were still following. When he saw they were, he turned back around, catching up with Sapnap.

Niki looked at Fundy nervously, unable to sense his emotions at the moment. The last thing she felt from him was longing with a hint of fear. It was nerve-wracking to not be able to feel that anymore.

"Fundy, are you okay?" she asked, carefully looking over his face.

He kept his gaze forward, his stride purposeful. "I'm fine."

Niki flinched, his tone telling her exactly what she couldn't see. She looked away from the other, letting the conversation drop. Her stride faltered just enough for him to get in front, leaving her to the rear.

Fundy caught up with the two knights. "How much longer will this take?" he asked, staring at the other two ahead of him.

Sapnap turned his head slightly smirking at the other. "We're here," he said stopping in front of a large wooden door with overgrowth covering it.

Fundy and Niki stared at the door as Sapnap burned away some of the overgrowths so they could open it. George stepped forward, a key with what looked to be a yin-yang symbol on the end, in his hand. He slid the key into the lock, unlocked the door, and pushed it open.

Everyone watched the door open, a wind coming out that smelled of death, sending a cold chill down three of the four's spines. Niki covered her nose and mouth, coughing at the sudden darkness that pushed past them.

Fundy stepped forward, grabbing the door's handle and stepping inside. The wind stopped suddenly causing the air to clear around them, finally letting the others breathe. He turned his head to look at them, waiting for them to catch their breaths before fully stepping inside.

George grabbed the lantern from the table by the door, handing it to Sapnap so he could light it. The light quickly spread through the room, candles burning around them just as the lantern was lit. The four turned in place looking at the decor of the room. Flowers lined the walls, leaving little space for anything else. On the wall opposite the sat a desk covered in papers and more flowers along with a jar filled with what looked to be a dimming light. Next to the jar was another, this one full of a small blizzard. The small blizzard almost seemed to be trying to escape as the sound of ice hitting the side of the jar grew louder just to quiet again.

Fundy stepped towards the blizzard-filled jar, resting his hand on it. As his fingertips touched the sides of the jar the blizzard began to calm, before turning into a small flurry inside the jar.

"How did you do that?" George asked, staring at the jar on the desk.

"I don't know. Something inside me just told me to touch the jar; that this jar was somehow connected to me," Fundy said, lifting the jar into his arms and resting it against his chest gently. A small light began to emulate from the jar as it rested against the prince's chest. Against his heart.

Fundy stared at the jar in his arms before lifting his hand to the lid and opening it. Niki, Sapnap, and George took a step back, covering their faces as the snow swirled up and around the prince. He dropped the jar, the winds putting out the lights around them, leaving the group in darkness.

Fundy rested his hands in front of his chest, the storm surrounding him forming into the shape of a heart in his palms. The three uncovered their eyes, Sapnap lighting a flame in his hand. their eyes immediately landed on the snow heart now sitting idly in Fundy's hands. Soon the heart dispersed, the snow making its way into Fundy's chest, right where his heart was. 

He let out a breath, condensation appearing in front of him with every breath. George took a step back, fear striking his eyes. Nowhere had this been mentioned in Dream's mother's notes. Fundy looked at the others, his eyes a crisp, ice blue. His fingers almost looked as if they were made of blue ice.

Niki took a step forward, reaching out for the prince.

"Fundy, are you okay?"

Fundy smiled, looking back at the girl in front of him.

"I've never felt better."

A/N:

So, usually, I wouldn't say I like doing A/Ns at the end of chapters. I find them repetitive, but I think everyone deserves to know that I have been pretty busy lately and that's why this chapter took so long. Other reasons besides me just being busy are that I'm not really watching MCYT that much anymore. On top of that, I'm a lot more into Bungo Stray Dogs right now and am already planning to do a one-shot or normal book in that fandom (specifically Soukoku).

To end this I'm sorry this is so late and can't promise that the other chapters won't be so far apart as chapters 12 and 13's releases were.