Too Good To Me

A/N: Yeah, I'm doing Ohya. I don't care, she's underrated. I don't give two shits about her confidant rewards. I've played the game multiple times now, and I don't remember a single reward from literally anyone except or Kawakami's and discounts. Confidant stories and characters are all I care about, and I find Ohya's intriguing. And, she's just a really fun character to me.

This is essentially my own take on these three confidant levels. I wanted to show more of a romantic tension between the two characters instead of their romance just showing up out of the blue like the game. You see that these two definitely have feelings for one another, and they both kind of suspect it (Mostly Ohya suspects it, as you'll see), but they're both extremely hesitant about it. Not just because it would be complicated, but because their are personal issues standing in the way.

I plan on making multiple chapters of this, just like my of P5 fics. So if you see something that you have questions about, they'll most likely be answered later on.

Now, for the five Ohya fans who read this, I hope you enjoy. This is for you.

Also, writing drunken slurred dialogue is harder than I thought.

(Crossroads: Evening.)

"Honey, you might wanna come back another time."

Ren raised a brow at Lala's warning, closing the door behind him. "What's wrong? Is Ohya not here? She sent me a bunch of texts."

Lala sighed, polishing a wine glass as she nodded towards the back lounge area. "No, she's here. That's the problem." Ren looked to the back to find Ohya passed out on the couch, a large handful of empty glasses covering the table. “She’s having it rough right now, we both know that. I’ve tried cutting her off, but...I honestly don’t know what to do for her. Work is getting to her.”

Ren nodded in understanding as he walked towards Ohya, crouching down and giving her shoulder a light shake.

She looked absolutely beat. Bags under her eyes, her hair frizzy, and clothes wrinkled. 

He hated seeing her like that.

Against his better judgement, Ren's affection towards the journalist grew to levels he never expected to reach. 

Ren did his best to be an honest man, so he couldn't lie and say he daily life wasn't surrounded by beautiful women. Ann, Makoto, Tae, Hifumi, Sadayo (not Becky, despite the darker side of his brain prodding him to admit it), yet Ohya…

Ohya was the one he could just never look away from. He thought she was stunning. He could see the tenacity behind her eyes, a quick wit, a sly undertone to her boisterous attitude, and a desire to expose the truth. Hell, slap a mask on her and she sounded like Phantom Thief material. It was painful knowing the chances of those dreams of being with her were slim to none, leaning heavily towards none. But, a man can dream, no matter how senseless it may seem.

Ren thought she was absolutely gorgeous in every sense and form.

Ohya jumped awake with a snort, her sunglasses jostling to hang on her nose. "Snrk! Wha-?! Who'shere?!"

...But, even he had to admit, this wasn't her best look.

"I've never seen you go this hard. What happened?"

Ohya's drunken daze focused on Ren, a sloppy smile growing on her face. "Ooooh!~ It'sh youuu. When'dyou get here, handsome?" 

This was the woman he fell in love with?

...Yeah, that seemed about right.

Clearing his throat at the name, Ren lifted up his phone. "Just now. You texted me to come over...eighteen times."