Chapter 19

"low key"

Andrew's s POV

Andrew's s POV

"Like the new gig Scott," I greeted as I walked to the counter of the pretzel stand. Nathan looked up and let out a sigh before responding.

"Shut it Stone," he said with a defeated tone before a guy came up behind him and scolded him for failing to twist the dough into shape. The guy walked off and continued with what he was doing not noticing me "This is a pain in the ass."

"Yeah it looks like it, how did you get into this position anyways? Like working a shitty job," I asked him leaning on the counter.

"This whole thing with my parents. If I don't prove that I can support myself, I have to go live with my parents and I definitely don't want that." He informed me as I just nodded.

"Hey! I'm not paying you to chit-chat with your buddies, get back to work or I won't hesitate to fire you." he lectured. I said goodbye to Nate as I went back to wandering in the mall.

~

"Didn't know you were a party girl," I joked earning an eye roll from Haley.

"It's not a party just a little get-together," she told me as she invited the next two girls. Which made me look at her as the girls ran off talking to each other.
"What?"

"You know they aren't going to keep their lips sealed right? Come on, if you ever watched a teen movie with that line like 'it's going to be a small party'  you already know it's going to mean the exact opposite of that." I said in response but before she could say anything else to me.

"Hi, friends!" I heard a familiar raspy voice that I haven't heard in some time.

"Hey, Brooke." she greets back a little slowly as she turned to face the girl. I greeted her too but it was very awkward especially when she asked a question that I already knew Haley was dreading.

"So when's the party," Haley gave me a quick glance trying to signal to me to help her.

"Oh, it's on Satu-" I try to get out but was rudly interrupted by Haley.

"We're just trying to keep it small."

"Peyton said not to invite me," Brooke said as I could feel her eyes on me as I just looked at the ground. If it was up to me she would be the first on the list but this wasn't my party.

"No, she didn't. Not exactly." Haley says.

"Alright. You know, have your little party, and play your naked twister, and -"

"Brooke its really just going to be a couple of friends."

"Right, but I'm not one of them" Brooke states then walks away. Which made me glare at the girl next to me.

"What?" She asks.

"Peyton gets to go, but not Brooke? The girl that actually got screwed over." I argued.