Chapter 1

~Doomed, and Lost~

Hands shaking I stare down at the dead body in front of me, my blood running cold, the blood on my hand still very warm and fresh; my shaky hands would not stop for nothing. I couldn't stop breathing heavily, and I don't think I could ever stop.

This is all so crazy to me.

A whole bunch of people showed up beside me, with their phones near their ears, while my mother laid in front of me, dead, going cold—the stained car of my mother's blood is now replaced by a man in his early thirties, his eyes wide, and my eyes even wider.

It's my father.

"Oh, gosh," he cries, falling to his knees. "No....no, no, no-" and I just stared at him. Pained. Hurt.

"Someone call an ambulance!"

"Is she breathing?"

"Please! Yes.....There's a woman in the road and she's bleeding-" the woman leans over my shoulder, and I feel those hands clench on to me, for fear that the woman in front of me was dead. "-oh god, her head's in this weird angle. A-and she doesn't look to be breathing-" suddenly I heard this ringing noise in my ears.

And I couldn't stop it.

It never stopped.

* * *

"I'm so happy you decided to show up Mr. Lee. I was expecting you to cancel for the fourth time, but I assumed wrongly," the lady with long black hair assumed, and she didn't look away from me, not even once—the moment I entered the room she eyed me down like a hawk, ready to devour its prey. "I hope we can get somewhere today with the hour we have. I'll like to ask you a few personal questions, and if you don't want to answer, that is totally fine with m-"

"Just ask me the questions," I huffed.

My brown eyes met hers and she nods. "First question I'll like to ask you Mr. Lee: what is your sexual preferences?"

"My sexuality?" I questioned, and paused, actually thinking. "I'm not really sure. I've never really liked anyone in a romantic way in my life so I guess you can say I'm aromatic, asexual."

"How would you know? If you've never put yourself out there? And I'm sure you've had at least one crush in your life."

"Have you?" I asked, curious.

She nods. "Ive had a few crushes on a lot of people. There was this one guy in my class, he use to be a huge player, but I couldn't help myself—all the girls liked him. All of them had a crush on him...." She stares at me, humming, "that was all in high school. We ended up dating. He's my husband of fifteen years and I love him dearly. We're still trying for a child..."

"Hope that goes well," I hum, "you seem to be....happy."

"And you can be happy, too." She sighs, "you've really never liked a single person in your life?" The lady questions in disbelief.

"Yes."

There was no point in it: Love.

"The matter is, everyone will leave you one day, no matter what, it'll happen, and sometimes, most of the time, you can't stop that from happening. The pain that comes with love isn't worth loving people, or trying to connect with them." I turn away from her with tears going down my face, grumbling, "love is trivalent. It's a staple for people. If things get hard in your life, you have to stay because, 'there's people out there who love you. Who care about you. People who will be sad.' But do they ever think, maybe living for them causes more pain in my life? Because I know you love me, but how can I love when apart of me doesn't love myself? Or my life?"