Traitor and Hero

Spinel took Shouto's arm reassuringly and led him in. "Don't worry I was like that too when I first came here." She giggled as she steered him in every which direction. "I have the VIP room booked for this evening." She waved at the bouncer who threw the keys in her direction. "Thanks!"

One of the best parts about being a resident of the most unsafe area in Musutafu was the fact that everyone kept their own business as their own business. She could rock up with a dead body and no one would care. Of course, the body would have to be taken out once its purpose was fulfilled, but that wasn't the main point.

------

Shouto had never been in such a place, never had he even considered stepping foot into a place like this. The mostly undressed women, the intimidating bouncer, the smell of smoke and cheap perfume was overwhelming enough but it had to go even further. The music, the alcohol and the money. The entire place screamed depravity.

Once the pair had reached their destination, Shouto looked around the VIP lounge. The door and wall were made out of glass and there was a curved loveseat beside a black marble table filled with all kinds of alcohol. Spinel covered the door and windows with the red curtains and gestured for Shouto to sit. "Alright. Sorry about the kind of long trip." Spinel took off her mask and gestured for Shouto to do the same. "We can talk freely here without any prying spectators." One of the main reasons Spinel brought Shouto to the club is because she knew that Eraserhead was on patrol that night and she couldn't risk getting caught by him. She was only able to escape the first time because of extreme preparedness and caution; she probably would have a much harder time escaping if it was just a regular nighttime chase.

Shouto shifted on the comfortable seat as he removed the mask and hoodie. "Alright, let's hear it. The full story. Including the part about Touya being a villain." He crossed his arms. "I have my suspicions."

Spinel nodded before she began her story. Spinel figured she wanted to get the big thing out of the way first. "Touya is Dabi." Much to her surprise Shouto didn't say anything or react at all. He simply waited for her to finish.

- ----ONE TRAGIC BACKSTORY LATER-----

"And we make it back to present day. Well almost present." Spinel knew Shouto was waiting for the present-day stuff, but he needed to know the backstory first before making any judgments. Her heart squeezed a little from the pain as she recounted the story of yesterday. As she recounted the story, tears started to form in Spinel's eyes while she struggled to keep her voice from quivering. Even now she still hoped that this was all a bad dream. Thousands of scenarios played relentlessly in Spinel's head. She didn't want to keep seeing Dabi die over and over again.

By the time Spinel had finished with her story Shouto needed a moment to process three key discoveries that he had just learned about.

One, Touya -Dabi- was planning to leave the league after...taking care of Endeavor.

Two, Spinel had wanted to be a hero since she was a kid.

Three, Shinsou had ratted them out and it resulted in Touya's death.

A moment of silence fell between them, the temperature of the air dropped suddenly as Shouto found himself unknowingly activating his quirk creating frost around him.

"I know this room is quirk proof and all, but I'd rather not test that claim." Spinel tapped him out of his trance.

"Sorry" Shouto mumbled as he quickly dispelled his ice. "I was just thinking."

"Take all the time you need."

Spinel took a seat opposite him. She really wanted to stare at his reaction but instead she went to grab the juice pack that was put in the room every time she booked it -courtesy of Mitzi.