Chapter 1

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞

  ⤵

𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐭𝐨𝐧

Kiara Carrera knew she shouldn't have drunk so much last night. But it was the annual end-of-the-year bash—and though some not as much as others—everyone was drinking. Now curled up over a bucket on Sarah Cameron's bedroom floor, she was regretting her decision to ignore her future self. 

"Oh my- I can't-" the oldest girl complained as she covered her mouth, heading for the exit. Sarah had a phobia of vomiting, and she sat there supporting her friend for as long as she could before it all got too much. 

"Get some Asprin while you're at it," Julia shouted out of the door, continuing to pat her best friend's back. "And a glass of water!" Though Sarah was already long gone. She twisted her nose up in disgust as Kiara retched into the bucket once again. 

Julia quickly grabbed ahold of her hair as a piece fell from her grip, and into the mucky mess. "You almost done?" Sarah shouted from the other room, wanting to be able to reenter without gagging.

"Did you grab the Aprsin and some water?" Julia hinted again, receiving a groan from Sarah before footsteps were heard shuffling around. Soon enough, Sarah came back into the room with a bottle of pills and a glass of water. Lucky for her, Kiara had just finished puking and was now reaching for it.

"Here, Godzilla." Sarah mocked as she handed Kiara the water, watching as she took a big gulp to soothe her burning throat. 

"Go brush your teeth," Sarah offered, with a grin on her face. "Try not to burn down my bedroom while you're at it." 

"Hurry up! It's the first day of summer, I wanna go shopping!" Julia gushed, as she handed Kiara the bucket of vomit to pour down the toilet. "And maybe wash your face, you look like Oscar the grouch..." 

"On it, mom." The brunette mocked as she lazily gave them a thumbs up.

ೃ⁀➷

You could call Julia the mom friend of the group—or the most prepared one—she always had her friend's back, and always supported them through everything. No matter what. She had the personality everyone could only dream to possess. And the looks of a saint.

"I mean, I just don't think dark green would suit you, but if you think you would look good in it then go all out." The girl reassured, with a slight smile on her face.

"That's so backhanded." Kiara snickered. 

"Uh, thank you, Julia!" The blonde scoffed as she put the shirt back onto the clothing rack. "Onto the next one!"