Chapter 2

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐞𝐬 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐧

Kiara Carrera predicted almost everything, almost

Kiara Carrera predicted almost everything, almost. She usually saw things coming from a mile away. Like that one time during a sleepover for her 13th birthday when her best friend at the time, Jenny Huxley, decided it would be a good idea to sneak into Kiara's parent's wine cellar. 

News flash, Kiara didn't. Her friends ended up doing it anyway and getting extremely drunk, causing Kiara to be banned from having anyone over for the next 3 months.

That was the last time Kiara spoke to Jenny.

But, despite all of that foreshadowing and precognition, she definitely did not see this one coming...

"You're not going?!" Kiara all but yelled over the phone. 

On the other end, Sarah yanked the device away from her ear, grimacing at the brunette's loudness. "I'm going with my parents on a trip to Argentina for a week, I just can't make it!" Sarah explained for the 10th time.

"But we planned all of this out weeks ago!" Kiara shouted. 

"Okay, stop yelling! I have the worst hangover right now." The blonde girl retorted. "Plus, you're not going either, so why do you care so much?"

"Sarah Cameron, as someone who's been my friend since 9th grade, you know I would never miss an opportunity to see my favorite band. Even if I'm grounded." The brunette frowned. "I'll find a way. I always do." 

"Is Julia still going?" Sarah asked, crunching a piece of ranch-covered celery. 

"As far as I know-" She was cut off by an abrupt knock on her bedroom door.

Kiara took a single glance at the door as the knocking continued, she rolled her eyes, making the immediate decision to ignore it and continue with her conversation. 

"Listen, you can have my ticket. And give it to... Whoever? I don't know!" Sarah paused for a moment as the knocks on Kiara's door grew louder. "You should answer your door, I can hear the knocks over the phone. Talk later, bye!"

Sarah hung up before Kiara could get another word out, earning a huff from the girl. Sighing, the brunette walked over to her door reaching for the handle and opening it.

The door opened to reveal her sister standing with a look on her face that just told Kiara she was gonna bug her non-stop until she did whatever it was she wanted.

"What?" Kiara deadpanned. 

"Dad said that you can't spend all day in your bedroom." Hayley pestered, taking a sip of what Kiara assumed (because she heard the blender earlier) was a smoothie.