redamancy.

𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐘(n

𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐘
(n.) the act of loving the one who loves you; a love returned in full

) the act of loving the one who loves you; a love returned in full

The letter 's' was Yiren's least favorite.

⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀She only grappled with one of the hundreds of thousands of words that contain the letter 's'. To utterly loathe her life just because of its use 0.0006% of the time sounds absolutely absurd, doesn't it? However, that one case had a complete impact on her life. She used to have two parents, but now she just has one, and the letter 's' in the word parents isn't going away anytime soon.

⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀'s' follows her around at all times. She can't go a day without being reminded that while her friends went out for dinner with their parents, she was eating with her parent. The same parent who blamed her for her mother's death. The same parent who abandoned her in an orphanage when she was ten years old. The same parent that let her get taken away to South Korea with a random couple. The same parent who had been a part of all of her nightmares. She hated, loathed, despised, detested ( you get it ) the letter 's'.

⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀Now, Yiren considered— No, she already knew she was a fighter. The unfortunate girl had grown up believing that being mistreated was normal, but at the age of 18, she was old enough to recognize that it was not. She made the decision to ultimately depart because she was of legal age. And by depart, we mean stealing money from her adoptive parents, stuffing her most prized possessions into a duffel bag, and sneaking off in the middle of the night. There she was, getting away from the same people who supposedly adopted her to give her a better life but instead made it worse and not worth living.

⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀Months had passed, and all things had been long gone away. Yiren's adoptive parents acted as though money grew on trees, and she was lavished upon, believe it or not. Everything had been replaced with inferior items, but Yiren strangely felt at ease, it reminded her of home. The girl now lived in a small apartment with brown walls that appeared to be falling down at any moment, a small bed, a little table, a bean bag, a small television that only worked when it rained ( strange, she knows ), and a small counter with cabinets. That was it; she was now living in this manner. Nevertheless she will not declare that her condition is as awful as one in a million, that she has it worse than others, or that she has reached the end of her road. She wanted to believe that everything happened for a purpose, and that one day, oh god one day, she would finally be happy.