𝟎𝟎𝟑 love at first sight?

chapter three

chapter three.
RED LIGHT GREEN LIGHT

WHAT WAS THE MEANING OF LIFE? We take a walk around this seemingly unending field. We walk till life gives us what we want. We continue walking till we reach our destination. We keep walking till we're dead. So, what's it's point anyway?

So utterly lost, Yiren made her way to stand next to 'pretty stranger'. The latter was staring into the void, her expression the same as it had always been: nothing.

Yiren fixed her gaze on her. Yiren had a strong belief in love at first sight. She fell in love with her cat, her favorite leather jacket, and perhaps even the 'pretty stranger' at first sight. Yerin spent days passing by the same alley, hoping to see her again, but it was in vain. Yiren thought about her for days before giving up, knowing that she probably doesn't remember her.

She remembered her. 'Pretty stranger' remembered her. She had just been thinking about how to get her mother to flee and to reunite with her brother, but now she was also thinking about Yiren. Number 067 didn't believe in love at first sight, nor did she believe in love in general. Until she met her, she had always believed that "LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT IS A MYTH!" Just by staring at her, the petite, round-eyed girl made her throat tightened and gave her butterflies. Yeah, she was confused.

Clearing her throat, Yiren softly asked, "Are you okay?" she did not respond, but looked around the room instead.  "I'm Yerin, ni—" she started to say. She replied in a harsh monotonous tone cutting her off, "I'm not here to make friends." Yiren never faltered; she was well aware that it was all an act. Cute. "So, you'd rather stay here for..." she paused for a moment, trying to recall how many days they had stated. "Ah!, six days?" she continued. "The majority of the people here do not appear to be our age. So, what do you say? Should we work as a duo?" asked Yerin, nudging her slightly with her foot.

Take a deep breath, sae-byeok; she can probably hear your heart hammering in your chest right now. "Fine," number 067 said in the same monotone voice as before, although this time only a few seconds after Yerin finished speaking. Following that, they heard some kind of elevator music and a feminine voice saying, "Attention, all players. The first game is about to begin. Please follow the staff's instructions. Please make your way towards the game hall."

Wow

Wow.

All of the players were now in a strange-looking room with stairwells here and there that were weirdly colored green, pink, and orange. Is it possible that the person behind this created everything merely to play games? They must have a lot of money. Yerin stood in front of the screen with a subconscious shrug. Smile. Oh well. With a straight face, she proudly displayed her middle finger. That's what you get for putting me in this ugly tracksuit.

"They're not that bad." replied number 067 with a small chuckle.

She realized she had said it out loud when she heard number 67 chuckle. At least she smiled a bit. Yiren wasn't someone who liked sports. Not in the least. So when they were supposed to climb all those steps, it was a full-body workout and hell for her. Where are we going?

Number 067 and her emerged from the middle of three pairs of green gates

Number 067 and her emerged from the middle of three pairs of green gates. Yerin gasped as she looked around. It was a big. It looked to be a playground, with field sceneries affixed to what she believed were walls with an opened surface. Yiren was fine until her attention was to the front of the so-called playground in the middle. A frightening doll, a big spooky doll. Dolls were Yiren's least favorite thing in the world ( after the letter 's', of course ). She was frightened to death of them. She came to a halt in her tracks and subconsciously gripped the hand of number 067. With a puzzled expression on her face, number 067 stared at her. "Don't laugh, but dolls terrify me." Yiren murmured softly. "Oh," said number 067, who found it adorable, causing her heart to skip a beat. Yiren's hand was gripped tighter by Number 067. Breathe.

The gates automatically closed with a loud bang, drawing everyone's attention as they turned around. Some had no clue what was happening, while the majority were terrified.

"Here is the first game." . . .