"Prince"

Chapter Two

"Prince"

"Okay and so?"

Mr. Kim sighs looking at his son with disbelief. "Taehyung, Mr. Park has passed away so as an act of compassion I'll be taking in his only son. He'll work as a helper but unfortunately, he has a weak heart and was recently operated thus he will replace your personal maid instead." He announces, in all honesty, he is tired of his son's imprudent behavior. He had put up with all of his antics but he has reached his limit this time.

Taehyung scoffs with a scowl, "Come again?"

Mr. Kim grunts in annoyance, "Well, if you didn't harass the girl she wouldn't have run away! Now stop glaring at me and start acting like a grown-up!" He fixes his tie in place trying to calm his nerves.

"A boy as my personal maid? Have you gone nuts dad!" Taehyung says incredulously.

"That's exactly the personality that will take you nowhere in life! Start breaking out of that circle son and stop being a god damn brat. That kid has been through hell, his father just died, he's an orphan at least show some compassion." His father says in dismay, did he really raise him this way? He knows he was to blame, he's away for business. He's well aware he has been absent in the entirety of Taehyung's childhood.

"Doesn't matter! I don't want a boy tending to my personal needs! It's--it's improper and bizarre!" Taehyung shouted in retaliation.

"You only say that because you can't ogle at his nonexistent breast," The young boy's cousin comments with a teasing voice, earning a groan from Taehyung, "No offense sir Kim." He says looking at Mr. Kim who simply sighs.

"Please, behave boys. He'll arrive tonight and I'll get him assigned as your maid tomorrow morning. And I think I failed to mention that he will be attending the same university as the both of you." He adds, burying his hands in his pockets. He checks the wall clock and notices he was 5 minutes late for an emergency meeting with his board of directors.

"What? He's an orphan he's basically penniless!" Taehyung complains further.

"And that's the point of him being your maid, he is working a decent job. I will sponsor his education as I see fit. I do owe his father my life, he wasn't just my butler but my dear friend." He explains then backs away, preparing to leave.

"I'm just saying Dad, it won't be easy for a poor boy like him," Taehyung says more calmly this time.

"Be kind son. Please."

"Hmm. I don't know about your stubborn son Mr. Kim but I'll give you my word I'll be kind to the maid." The cousin says standing up from his seat to bid him farewell.

Mr. Kim smiles at him, then sends a glare in Taehyung's direction before proceeding to leave. "Why can't you be more like Jungkook here." He says with spite as he left the room. Taehyung clenches his teeth in immense anger, Jungkook didn't bother as he picked up a cup of tea and sat back down.

***

Jimin woke up at exactly four in the morning. He stands up and quietly made his way to his drawer to grab his diary. He knows he isn't a child but it was his only escape.

He picks up a pen but ended up staring at the blank sheet of paper. "What's there to say when I live in a monochrome world." He whispers into the air, sighs, and places the notebook back in the drawer. He proceeds to do his usual morning routine that involves praying, folding his bedsheets, and taking a warm bath.

He looks at the uniform he was provided, it was awful. The thought of being literally dressed up as if he was owned by someone annoys him. He had never dreamt of being a maid and neither did his father that's for sure. It was tragic, unforgiving, and painful.