Chapter 49: The Final Battle

Alexis

If I am alive, then this must be the Aether. I glance at the white washed room. It is the same as I had seen in my dreams, nevertheless, it seems tangible. I can feel the warmth of the soft light from the chandelier on my skin.

I gulp the ball of fear that has being crawling up my throat, Asmodeus had dragged me into the white rift. We are in the Aether. The realization skids like a bullet train, the dreams I've had all this while were about the Aether; the Golden door, the obsidian corridors, the white room.

"All my life, I've waited for this moment." Asmodeus steps towards the jewel studded doors.

"Asmodeus!" I utter his name; my voice filled with fury.

"Alexis, honey, I do appreciate you helping me, regardless, I think I can take it from here."

"Stop." This time I keep my tone dangerously low. The fire essence swirls like molten lava in my gut. My mouth feels as dry as a sandpaper. My headache almost knocks me off balance. "I won't let you open that door."

"You can't stop anything, love." He replies in a sweet-menacing tone. "This is my destiny. I was born for this, so, stay out of it!" With that his fist lights up with deep purple flames. The amethyst glow courses in my direction. It strikes the center of my chest. Air knocks out of my lungs and my body is tossed back into the hard brick wall. The pain shoots my spine and travels up to my head; my body drops to the floor with a bang.

A low grunt leaves my lips as I make an effort to keep my eyes open. Hot tears form at the corner of my eyes. The muscles of my body ache as I try to get to my feet again.

"You will burn!" I howl into his face as I summon my fire essence. Heat erupts in my chest as I produce a flaming ball of fire. The force augments with every passing second. I aim the ball at Asmodeus, my hands shiver in feebleness.

I send the fire ball in his direction. Nevertheless, the flames merely brush him like a weak gust of air. Not a single speck of dirt appears on his clothes. My flames roll and die down.

I look at his face. Botheration is not even in question; he seems least interested by my move. He sulkily steps away from the door and makes his way towards me.

A fresh swell of anger rises in me. I breathe sharply and produce my fire sword. The essence disperses in a heat wave. This time Asmodeus stumbles back, however, he soon regains his composure.

"So, Ethan did teach you a few tricks. But, that doesn't change the fact that I'm undefeatable. You should've considered your chances of survival before making your move." He mutters in irritation.

Before he can get any closer, I sweep the blade in his way. In an instant, he dodges my attack swiftly. His flames turn to a radiant turquoise wisp. Swirls of water surrounds his arms; the water essence creates a ridge shield. A sizzling sound generates when the cool shield comes in contact with the fire sword.

"The fire essence fuels on rage; which you don't possess right now." Asmodeus smirks devilishly behind his shield.

"I will in a moment." I snarl as I surge the sword into the water barrier. It is like throwing a fist at a brick wall. Though, my body is numb, I can feel the sting of the heat on my skin. A small crack appears on the floating liquid. I jab the blade further. The tear widens. Finally! The shield is wearing off! Gritting my teeth, I charge the sword through the shield. With a splash, the water essence shield spills all over the walls of the white room, the shield splatters like a water balloon pierced by a needle. From top to bottom, I am entirely drenched in cold freezing water. The sword dissolves, so does my fire essence.