INRODUCTION AND |ONE|

credit and dedication to Arialternateendings for helping me out with this plot!! you seriously inspired me!

𝗜𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗮𝗰𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗮 𝗻𝗲𝘄 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗹𝗱 𝗼𝗿𝗱𝗲𝗿, 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗽𝗶𝗲𝗰𝗲𝘀 𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗳𝗮𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗼 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗲. 𝗘𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗼 𝘀𝗹𝗼𝘄𝗹𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗰𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝗿𝗲𝗯𝘂𝗶𝗹𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶𝘀 𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿𝘄𝗮𝘆, 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗶𝘁𝗶𝘇𝗲𝗻𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗹𝗱 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗼 𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗶𝗿 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗲𝘀 𝗮𝗴𝗮𝗶𝗻 𝗶𝗻 𝗮 𝗰𝘂𝗿𝘀𝗲𝗱 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗹𝗱. 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝗱𝗲𝗲𝗺𝗲𝗱 "𝘀𝗮𝗳𝗲" 𝗯𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗛𝗶𝗶𝗿𝗮𝗴𝗶'𝘀.

𝘀𝗮𝗳𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗻𝗲𝘄 𝗼𝗿𝗱𝗲𝗿 𝗶𝘀, 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵 𝗯𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗶𝗻𝘀 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗮𝗰𝗿𝗶𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘀𝗲 𝗹𝗼𝘀𝘁 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝗿. 𝗠𝗲𝗺𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝗼𝗻, 𝗿𝗮𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝗴𝗮𝗶𝗻𝘀𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗰𝗸𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲, 𝘆𝗲𝘁 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗵𝗲𝘄 𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝘀𝗼 𝘂𝗻𝘁𝗼𝘂𝗰𝗵𝗲𝗱 𝗯𝘆 𝗻𝗲𝘄𝗹𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘄𝗲𝗱 𝗵𝘂𝗺𝗮𝗻 𝗲𝗺𝗼𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻.

ONE IN ONE THOUSAND

that is how many vampires were remain after the slaughter of the vampires. the world is fresh out of the apocalypse. each and every being working to rebuild their lives in a world reborn from the once hopeless desolation.

crowley cannot say he cares much for the number of remaining vampires. just that he survived because he ended up fighting for the winning side.

with each day that passes, crowley finds himself wandering more and more through the maze of resurfacing memories. a maze he discovered not so long after the war ended, but very long after he lost most of them.

he remembers a dream. a bunch of dreams, actually. vivid as ever, and stuck in the forefront of his mind most of the time. though a dream it was, he remembers it as if he had experienced it in waking life. like the haze of a dream had not come forth in those particular ones. instead leaving him with an experience entirely different than all his others.

•+•

the site is broken down, distorted through hazy memories, but appears just as it once was, if in need of some heavy dusting. there are discarded items left on the floor, abandoned by all those who had stayed in this place over the many years that it's been abandoned. cobwebs hang from the ceiling, giving the entirety of the place a foreboding feeling.

crowley follows his memory around, taking in the sight and feel of old stone walls, crumbling from their age. if crowley tore his eyes away from one nostalgic door, they'd only find their way to another in no time. the odd deja vu was forcing a tightness in the vampires chest, squeezing like an overblown balloon.

the hallways were long, stretching on and on. crowley took the time to peak into every doorway left ajar, and kick aside any door that's fallen off of its hinges. if ever there were a list of top ten most unsettling places crowley has visited, he's revisiting this old place would most definitely make the top three.

there was a sound above the vampires head. footsteps echo in the upstairs hallway. the clicking of heeled boots making their way around, though clearly not aware of, or at least not concerned with the presence of the brunette vampire, who draws his sword in caution.

the spiral stairs are missing little pieces, with pebbles and fallen chunks of ceiling scattered across them. crowley drags his free hand across the wall as he makes his way up. cautious, but not worried for his safety. as he draws nearer to the source of the footsteps, he hears something else. a soft humming, so light, so calm. the sounds is almost magical, drawing crowley in little by little. the vampire noble is quickly realizing the fuzziness in his brain, but finds that he's not so concerned with it at all. the melody of the humming is ethereal. as if the tune itself were written by the loveliest angel, to be sung by the most deadly of sirens.

As he nears the humming grows louder, and he notices that not only is he closer to the source, but the singer seems to be rising in volume as well. try as he might, even a thirteenth progenitor, strong enough to be a seventh, can't seem to break the hold this strange, addicting spell has on his psyche.

it is only when he reaches the doorway of the room, sword still drawn with a grip so tight crowley's knuckles are white, straining against the hilt of his weapon, that the humming comes to an end. it finishes out with a quiet vibrato, ending as lovely as it began.

crowley finds his head cleared when the humming stops, the hold that whoever this perpetrator is just had on his conscious fades away, leaving crowley slightly dizzy, but otherwise as normal as he was before this had occurred.

"you're still alive." coos a cloaked figure from the window, who's leaning on the sill, watching. not watching crowley, but whatever seems so interesting about the outside world.

crowley finds himself growing confused at the words of an unfamiliar woman, her voice distantly familiar. it's as if he's heard her whispers in a dream before.

crowley gets the odd, but strongly intuitive sense that woman has answers about things he couldn't hope to perceive. she's intimidating in aura alone, her dark power radiates off of her in waves of black and gold that crowley can even see if he focuses hard enough.

"i am." crowley quips, playing it safe. he can tell before even engaging that this is an enemy he will not survive if he doesn't play it safe. "but how is it you know me?"

crowley is curiously alarmed, adjusting his grip on his sword a little more comfortably as he awaits the woman's reply.

it takes her a moment, but the woman lets out the softest laugh, a small ghost of air that he might have missed if he weren't on such high alert.

gloved fingers reach up to lower her hood, resting it gently down onto her shoulders to reveal her (h/l), (h/c) hair.

both crowleys anticipation and anxiety grow as she turns to face him slowly, soon coming eye to eye with a face so lovely, and also so familiar.

crowley's breath hitches, shock overcoming every bone in his stiff body. he blinks only once as he stands helpless, staring at an impossible sight before him.

"i know you." he breathes.