|FIVE|

"where are you going?" comes crowley's curious voice from over your shoulder. not a moment after he's spoken is he in your line of sight; stepping in front of you to address you properly.

"oh nowhere," you sigh, shrugging noncommittally as your eyes meet his gaze. his stoic face is just as usual, if just a little more statuesque. "just a walk."

you notice the subtlest change in his demeanor. the way his shoulders slack the slightest bit at your words, as if he were somehow worried that you were leaving so soon.

"you don't mind if i join you, do you?" he asks, a playful undertone to his words as a grin lights up his face. you sigh again, only this time, in exasperation.

you gesture for him to join you as you start to make your way towards the hallway, heading for the staircase.

"you know," crowley pipes up from where he's trailing after you, so close behind that his smooth voice is almost right at your left ear. "i was wondering about something."

you roll your eyes at this, but nevertheless you hum for him to go on.

both yours and crowley's footsteps echo in the stone hallway, seemingly bouncing back off of the walls with each step the two of you take. crowley continues after a moment.

"why are you here?" he asks, a strange note of seriousness to his tone that the vampire does not usually possess. it's a vague question, sure, but you understand it's meaning well.

"i did not intend for you to be here, if that's what you mean." you laugh, dry and humorless. "if i'm being quite honest, i concluded that we'd never cross paths again."

you can barely hear the quiet, amused chuckle that makes it's way past crowley's lips. he hums softly, perhaps in acknowledgment of your conclusive words.

you turn to face him, bumping right into his chest with a light thump. crowley doesn't seem to mind, and neither do you.

"i figured we wouldn't meet again," you repeat, a certain sternness to you that had not previously been there even a moment ago. "but that doesn't mean that you'll be able to walk away so easily this time."

crowley appears unfazed by your intimidating statement, and instead of reacting like you had, reaches up to place a big hand on the top of your head. when he speaks, you're almost shocked at his calm, strangely satisfied response.

"okay."

and with that, his hand drops from its resting place atop your h/c hair, and he pushes past you, leaving you to instead follow his lead down the rest of the corridor.

•+•

the weather is nice outside. the sun reaching down from the sky to grace the planet with its eternal warmth, light rays reflecting brightly off of your silver necklace.

you inhale the fresh air, the stillness of the world with such little wind in a day like today is therapeutic and heartwarming. you glance around the scenery, small bits of old rubble remains, grass so tall and so green. weeds and vines snaking around the abandoned area gently, as if nature is softly, kindly, taking back what is rightfully hers. you silently pay your respects to the earth beneath your feet. more so than any angel, you respect the earth and all that she provides. after all, is nature itself not a divine being? it is your opinion that the world is just as graceful and divine as yourself.

with each graceful footfall you follow crowley as he keeps his steady pace; quick, but not exactly rushed.

crowley glances back at you, as if there's something he'd like to say, but can't quite figure out how to say it. you tilt your head, a questioning pout resting on your rosy pink lips.

"something to say, darling?" you drawl dreamily, but the bloodsucker says nothing, turning to look ahead of himself instead. you don't miss the subtle way his cheeks puff out petulantly, a sign of frustration. you decide it's better to ignore it for now, reaching out to tug at the sleeve of crowley's white uniform to direct him in the direction you'd like to go.

"are you going to kill me in the woods where no one can hear my screams?" comes crowley's sudden, yet very welcome teasing.

you smirk, giving him a sly side eye as you respond, "oh no, i wouldn't need to hide your screams. nobody would mind if i killed you anyways."

that earns you a snort from he vampire, a thoroughly amused smile resting carelessly on his lips as he follows you into the tree line.

"and you think you could?" crowley asks, though he knows that the both of you know the answer to that. you humor him anyways

"oh no, i couldn't." you gasp, placing a startled hand on your chest. "how ever would i win against such a strong, powerful, vampire?"

crowley continues to smile softly at your antics, opening his mouth to speak, but you're not done teasing.

"my weakness- one and only- being deviously, roguishly handsome men- well, vampires with a devil-may-care attitude." you sigh, a whimsical sound, feigning a dreamlike trance. "i think even if i could win- which i can't- i would let you."

by the end of your dramatic spiel, crowley is doubled over, amused at such a level of dumb, honest humor that he hasn't experienced in such a long time. you can see it on his reddening face how much he needed this chance to giggle like a child again.

something about this whole scene makes your chest ache.

crowley is panting by the time he's done laughing, tears welling up in his eyes and threatening to spill over from the sheer force of his laughter. you don't think it was quite that amusing, but the vampire before you is still shaking from his previous giggle attack.

crowley wipes the tears away from his eyes with gloved hands, the wide smile never leaving his face as he stares down at you with incredulous eyes.

"you would win in a fight against me, huh?" he questions, though you can pick up on the sarcasm easily.

you respond immediately, no sign of hesitation in your voice nor your body language when you say: "i would kill you twice before you even drew your sword."