2

Stiles

"We can't go back, Stiles. It's not that simple." Ella says from beside me, her hand running soothing circles along my back. I glance up at her, lifting my head slowly from my hands. "We can't just move back to the town we grew up in without being recognized on spot. It's near impossible."

"I know. Trust me, I know." I sigh, looking at the clock. One hour left. "But what if the pack is actually in trouble. Scott would never let someone go on a random killing spree. Something had to have happened to either him or my Dad, neither of them would have let it go on this long." I point to the case file on the coffee table. "These murders have been happening for almost five years."

She cups her hand around my cheek, smiling sadly. "Babe, you can't help everyone," she tells me, "especially those who never wanted it in the first place."

"But I also can't let a whole town of innocent people suffer if I refuse."

"Do you really want to go?"

I search her eyes, finding nothing but understanding. I nod. "I have to."

"Then we can go." She pulls away from me, fixing the pillows on the couch behind her. "But I only have one condition." She states. "The kids have go to school while we're there. They already miss too much as it is, with Val getting suspended for putting the Pollins kid in the hospital, we can't-" she catches my smirk and scowls "oh stop it Stiles. I don't care if the boy was a bully. I can't let our kid go around beating up anyone she pleases."

"Ella." I say. "The boy deserved it. And I don't say this lightly, but I could care less if he wakes up from comatose. No one should go around sexually abusing young girls."

She sighs, closing her eyes. "I agree with you Stiles, I always have. But she has to learn how to control her anger, we don't know the extent of her abilities yet, and too much pressure might make her hurt more than just one person." She exhales softly. "A break from the city might be a good idea, but she can't miss any more school. Neither of them can."

I nod once more. "Alright, we can send both her and Carter to beacon Hills High for the time being, but they need to be careful. Our children are different, and they know it. The other supernatural kids will know it. It won't be safe for them."

She scoffs. "They know how to handle themselves."

"I'm not talking about our kids, Ella. I'm talking about anyone that decides to mess with them."

"I'm worried for anyone who decides to mess with you." She playfully pokes my nose.

I smile, closing my eyes and leaning back on the couch, spreading my arms over the back. The light rustle of clothes makes me open an eye. I can't help but grin with what I find happening in of the corner of my vision. As I place my hand on the cushion beside me, going to stand when a gentle palm is placed on my chest, pushing me back into the couch. I look up to meet the eyes of my wife, a masterful smirk on her face. She steps over me, her dark hair falling like a waterfall over her shoulders as she straddles me. Her chest touching mine, her mouth close enough to kiss.

"Your shirt is on the case file, El." I note, not for a second taking my eyes from hers.

"I know, dumbo." She brings her arms up, wrapping them around my neck, smiling as she leans in and brushes our noses. "Would you rather me put it back on?" She whispers.

"If that means allowing me taking it off again, then yes."

"Oh my God. Just get a room already." Ella and I simultaneously spin around to find our son standing in the kitchen, a glass of orange juice in hand. He stares at us, sipping the drink loudly from a plastic straw. "You guys are disgusting."