Fated abandonment

Tyr

"You... WHAT!?" Thor shouted at Loki.

"Listen. It was a one-night stand, I got drunk, blacked out, and now I'm left with these kids." The 'kids' Loki held were: a small girl wearing what looked to be a pillowcase with inky-black hair. Her gaze was colder than Jötunhiem. A small snake curled around Loki's hand, and a small wolf.

"Well, they certainly can't join the pantheon," Frigg started. "They aren't pure enough."

"Whatever you do with them, I don't care. But never tell them that they're mine." Loki whispered in a tone that the kids couldn't hear as he set them down on the ground. The snake, Jörmungandr, started playing with Fenris, the wolf pup, while Hel, the girl, simply watched with an unfaltering stare.

Suddenly, the Norns appeared in a flash of light. They explained in unison how these three kids shall aid in the death of the Aesir, being incredibly vague... as usual.

"Well," Odin picked up Jörmungandr. "The snake's gotta go." The Allfather chucked him into the ocean. Loki had just walked away. The nerve. "The girl shall be banished to the realm of the dead." A very motherly Valkyrie swooped in and scooped up Hel, presumably whisking her away to that place of no return....

     These kids may spell the end of most of us, but that doesn't mean that they are a threat! That makes me so angry... I mean, the Norns were so vague, what if us getting rid of them causes them to want to kill us? Odin picked up Fenris by the scruff. Before he could do anything....

"Wait!" The other Aesir turned to me. "... Ill keep the— I'll keep Fenris." Fenris looked at me, confused.

"You... Will?" Fenris asked. Oh. He could talk.

"Of course." I took Fenris into my arms. He was warm and soft, and gods, he was small... I couldn't help but immediately fall in love, like he was my own son...

~—~—~

Fenris

"Okay. First order of business." I paced Tyr's room. Golly it was big. "Some ground rules." Tyr was sitting on the ground, cris-cross applesauce.

"Uh-huh."

"No showing your teeth. That is a very angry thing to do."

"Right." Tyr nodded a lot.

"Smiling doesn't count, we can smell happiness."

"Good to know."

"Cool, next!" I crouched down into a playful pose. "Lots of walks! And playing! And walks! And going to the park! And—"

"Alright, sweetness. I get it." Tyr got onto the ground and offered me a rope. I grabbed the rope with my mouth, obviously, there wasn't anything else I could do in this situation.

"What now? What now? What now?" I said through my teeth as I jerked against Tyr's amazing tug-of-war skills.

"We just... exist, I guess."

"This is going to be so fun!!!" I jumped up and down.