Leaving

CHLOE POV

I let the tears fall as I pack what I can fit in my one tiny suitcase. The dull memory of my pain is still pulsing within my mind, but my tears have nothing to do with Logan or even Luna Kandace.

I am honesty sad to leave the pack I was destined to lead. I truly believe I would have done a great job repairing some of the relationships Luna Kandace has destroyed. I could have made our people closer, but Luna Kandace, along with her weak-willed son, ruined that future.

I slam shut the suitcase and sit on it to be able to close the latches as a knock sounds on my door.

"Come in," I grunt out between wiping my face and working with the latch.

I don't look up as my door opens. I don't really want to. I know the goodbyes are coming from my closest friends and loved ones, but I am dreading them. I have had enough pain to last me a lifetime after my rejection, and I know these goodbyes will hurt.

"Honey...stop, let me help you," Mrs. Marsh says as her hands join mine, working the latch.

I look up the find my medium-size room filled with people. All the omegas and a few friends from school have come to see me off.

"I'm sorry," Shannon whispers as she gently tugs me off my suitcase.

Her and Melanie wrap their arms around me as soon as I am standing.

"It's his loss," one of the males says, and I attempt to smile.

I try to pull on my happy face just one more time, so they all know I haven't been broken, but my lips waver.

"Oh sweetheart, it's okay to show sadness. You are so strong all the time; it's okay to break down every once in a while," Lydia says from just over Melanie's shoulder, and I sniffle before breaking down again, completely for all of them to see.

"I can't believe I am supposed to be your new Luna, and because of them, I don't get to be," I sob, sounding like a five-year-old pup.

"You will always be my Luna. No matter who that dumbass chooses to mate," Chance says, and I see Trevor nod.

I wipe my eyes, but my crying doesn't halt. Shannon and Melanie pull away to look at me, and Chris offers me a handkerchief.

"Thanks," I mumble, and he gives me a sad smile.

"I'm so happy the truth about your mother is finally out there," Melanie says, and the rest of the group nods.

Momma Marsh puts her arm over my shoulders and kisses the side of my head.

"Your momma was the bravest and sweetest woman I have ever met, honey. And I am 100% certain you made her beyond proud tonight," Momma Marsh says, and the group mumbles out their agreements.

"Thanks, Momma Marsh...I just think I want to get out of here. When I shift at midnight, I want to be far away from here. I want to be able to talk to my wolf and get to know her without worry," I whisper, and the group nods.

They take turns giving me silent but meaningful hugs and squeezes before one by one, leaving me to finish packing.

When my door finally closes, I sigh. I grab my mom's picture and tuck it into my back pocket. I look at myself in the mirror and think about how different I look than I did this morning. I look tired and sad, not happy and hopeful. And I no longer give myself a ten out of ten. Thank you, Logan.

I grab a couple of hair ties and put them around my wrist. My hair is already up, but I will need the extras when I get to Outcast. I do a once over one more time before opening my door and freezing midstep.