chapter 1 ੈ✩‧₊˚

Harry's pov

Currently, in my bedroom doing my homework. Wasn't summer supposed to be fun? Who would think doing summer homework is fun!
The only thing that keeping going is that I am going to see my friends again.
I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't notice the banging noise, I look to see my best friend Y/N almost falling down my window sill. I quickly opened my window and let her in.

I noticed she had gotten a little bit taller than the last time I saw her but she was a few inches shorter than me. Then she engulfed me into a hug and of course, I hugged back.

Then we heard Uncle Vernon coming to check on me and I quickly put my book under the bed and pulled Y/N into my bed so Uncle Vernon couldn't see her.

"What are you doing Harold," she said and I put my finger on her lip to shush her up.

When the door opened, we were trying hard not to move then Uncle Vernon just walked out.

"If you wanted me in your bed you could've said so" Y/N said. I flushed so hard and shook my head vigorously." I'm kidding" she said and I grabbed her hand and we went up the stairs in which we can go up to the roof and we sat beside each other and she handed me a present wrapped in a blue wrapping.

"What's this for?" I asked."It's your birthday you dummy" she said, and it came to me, it was my 13th birthday and had completely forgotten about it.
(reason 115064 harry isn't a ravenclaw)

I open the box and there was a ring with a butterfly cut out

I open the box and there was a ring with a butterfly cut out. I was surprised by the gift and I turned to Y/N and gave her a confused look.

She took my hand and said, "this is a friendship ring Harold, we been friends a long time and so I saw this at a shop and it reminded me of you because you call me butterfly".

FLASHBACK
"I'm going to win Harold".11-year-old Y/N smirked. I ran behind her trying to catch and much to my embarrassment she won and I lost. She smiles and said, "suck to suck doesn't it Harold". "Whatever" I said and lay on the grass near a tree close to the castle. I saw a butterfly with purple wings sit on Y/N shoulder and I smiles and said "you have a butterfly on and he shoulder Y/N." she gasped at the butterfly removed it off her shoulder to put it on her hand and smiled. "I love butterflies they're my favourite insect".I smiled at the look on her face, she looked so cute and I thought of an idea
"You know what I'm going to call you butterfly from now on."
"wOt a butterfly how come that's kind of weird don't you think?" "But you looked cute when you're with the butterfly". "Umm...thanks??"

I smiled at the memory it seemed so long ago,then she put the ring for him and I loved it

I smiled at the memory it seemed so long ago,then she put the ring for him and I loved it. Then she brought her hand and I saw a butterfly on top of the ring, I brought my eyes to her beautiful E/C eyes and looked at her face. I've seen how much she had grown during the summer. Her H/C hair had grown slightly and her pulp lip covered with pink lipgloss shining in the moonlight and I brought my eyes to her gorgeous E/C eyes and we held eye contact with me for a few seconds before she looked away at the full moon.

Then she stood up and said "I will come back tomorrow ok Haribo." "Haribo?" I asked. "The muggle candy I gave you last year"she said and I made OHHH sound she climbed down the stares and jumped of the window railing and she yelled "BYE BOO". "SHUT UP YOU BITCH THE GRANNY LIKE UNCLE WILL KILL ME BEFORE YOU COME HERE TOMORROW TO SEE ME." I whisper yelled.And with that I she started walking to her house and make sure gets in safe and the climbed down the stares and climbed onto my bed and look at the ring which I knew I was going to wear the rest of my life.

· • -- ٠ ✤ ٠ -- • ·

hi guys hope you enjoyed the first chapter.This is my first book so ik this might be little cringe, and if you find any spelling mistakes pls put it in the chat.I suck at spelling 🥲
xoxo jiya ♥

9/10/2021