A fic where a small bet leads to big consequences

Yep this is a oneshot.

——————

"Izu-channn wait up!" Bakugo Katsuki — a three year old boy — shouted dragging out the overused nickname.

"You gotta catch up dumbass," Midoriya Izuku — also at the age of three — yelled back sticking out his tongue at the latter while prodding down the hallway in the house.

"That's a bad word Izu-chan." Katsuki pouted at the colourful language but carried on chasing his friend in their game of heroes and villains.

"I don't care Tsuki," came the reply out of the bush of curly hair, halting to a stop.

"Your still not suppose to say it." Feet padded across the floor slowing down with each step.

"Ehh?? Your mom says it all the time!"

Katsuki huffed in a breath and scrunched up his eyebrows as if he was in deep thought. "Mommy said she claimed those type of words. Even daddy doesn't say them!"

Izuku poked at the other's nose with his finger. "Still don't care," a small smirk made its way on his lips and soon after laughs and giggles made their way to all rooms of the house.

——————

The day Katsuki got his quirk was soon after. He and Izuku were sitting down on the floor being watched by both their parents when the slight pain from his hands was felt and he faced them upwards. The small pops of light hovered above his hand and stars filled his eyes. Izuku watched star-struck.

"Mom Katsu got his quirk."

——————

After a year had passed there was no sign of a quirk showing for Izuku despite him waiting patiently.

"Izu-chan, have you not gotten your quirk yet? What did the doctor say?" Katsuki stared faking intensity trying to pressurise the other.

"Said I was quirkless and I would never get a quirk and stuff. Kinda stupid he said I couldn't be a hero because of it. You know damn well I'm not stopping until I become one. Plus I don't care if I have a quirk or not I'm still strong and I'll be the best." The words left the expressionless boy as if it were a normal conversation.

They just stood there staring at each other and shrugged. They were going to become the best heroes the world had ever seen. Or not seen. And that was heard loud and clear without being said.

——————

"Hey, Kats I just got the most random and fun idea ever." They were both now at the age of ten and under a big tree in one of the parks near Izuku's apartment.

"Izu-chan you always give either A) the best ideas; B) the worst; C) the stupidest; D) the most fun or E) all of the above. It's hard to expect something normal from you now so please surprise me."

Said boy had climbed up the tree they were under and now hanging upside down on one of the branches. After getting used to the slight giddiness of blood rushing to his head he began his speech, "K, so like out of us your the definition of sweet, cute, lovely and all that disgusting stuff. Summary: a cinnamon roll. But then with me, I'm probably that loud, rude kid who talks back to adults and probably everyone and anyone. So," He took in a breath to swing around the branch once more and hop off onto the ground with a faint thud, "so what if we just switched." The deadpan look certainly didn't match the jazz hands he put up but a little smirk slowly came after while waiting for a response.

"Izu-chan I don't think jazz hands will explain that. Care for a further explanation?"

"What I mean is what if we just swapped lives? Well more like personalities I'm not dumbing myself down to your level and you certainly wouldn't be able to be as smart as me," he scoffed, "you'd be able to keep your talents and most qualities if you want I guess. But then you can't be exactly as you are now. So on that note, I would be the cinnamon roll and you would be our angry boom boom boy."