16

San frowned slightly at the picture he had just taken, and shook his head, taking a couple of steps to the right and looking for a different angle that would work better with the lighting.

The days had passed since the first photoshoot he made at the skate park and his work had officially begun. Even though he loved what he did, he would never have thought that Future would give him such a large number of sessions being only his first week there, however, it was Wednesday and he had already been assigned at least five daily sessions in the previous days. Definitely, either Abel was overconfident in his abilities, or they were really short-staffed in the company. Possibly both, but he liked to think it was just thanks to his skills.

Indeed, his first day of work had been so intense that, by now, he already felt that he was an expert in the area. He liked that.

A satisfied smile appeared on his face when he saw the new image on the camera screen. He had managed to capture the expectation that he had built. As usual, today's session was divided into two sections; one of them was focused on the product for sale, where he had to be in charge of highlighting the object within the studio, and in the other section he had to work together with the selected models. That day's session was for sports shoes.

Thinking about it, San checked the time on the clock on the wall; he had been working on the first section for a couple of hours and it was almost time for his first break. As expected, the models would arrive at the studio after the noon break, so he didn't have to worry about being caught by surprise.

However, noticing that, his mind stopped thinking about work. Celine must be arriving soon.

The smile on his face widened at that thought; despite his busy schedule, Celine always found the time to be with him. There had not been a single day that they had not seen each other, that was not negotiable.

Instinctively, his attention shifted to the study door, longing to see the girl enter as soon as possible. However, instead, it was Abel who entered the place.

San turned fully to his boss immediately and made eye contact.

"How's everything going, San?" Abel smiled.

"The two sessions in the morning are ready and I just finished with these shots, I will send them to the editing team as soon as the work with the models is finished," he informed, getting a look full of satisfaction from his boss. "By the way, how many of them will come? Production has said that for this campaign all shooting must be done in the studio, so I was thinking-"

"I've really given you a lot of work, haven't I?" Abel interrupted the boy, staring into his eyes, "You are exceptional, Choi San. It has only been your first few days here and you have done an amazing, punctual and accurate job."

San licked his lips with a smile, feeling fulfilled at his words.

"However," he continued, "I wouldn't want overwork to get the better of you." San frowned slightly, disengaged. "I can see your commitment, your performance is impeccable... but the excessive demand can consume anyone."

San's brow relaxed and kept his eyes narrowed, not quite understanding Abel's intentions. He noticed that and smiled.

"San, this is Teena." Abel turned his face slightly and San noticed the girl next to him. "She just joined the Future team and will be working with you from now on."

It was then that the boy's words finally made sense. San looked from him to his new mate and smiled innocently.

"Welcome," he said politely.

"Teena will start right now," Abel added, smiling at them, "good luck to you both."

Then Abel left the studio and they were alone in the place. Teena was almost the height of San, she wore her hair over her shoulders and seemed to share the same emotion that San's pupils reflected on his first day of work.