17 | say love

Your expectations are low as Johnny parks his bike, and you walk downtown. It being a Friday, there are people everywhere. «We're not gonna get in anywhere,» you say in a sigh.

Johnny nudges you in the shoulder. «Don't meet the trouble halfway, y/n. I told you I could get us in, and I will. Just watch this.»

You hang back as Johnny goes up to a bouncer standing outside the backdoor of a club. He looks familiar, like you've seen him before, but you can't place him anywhere.

They talk like they've known each other for years, and Johnny eventually waves you over as the bouncer lets you in the backdoor. You give him an awkward smile as you pass him, and walk inside.

The air that meets you is hot, and very clammy. The music is so loud you can't even hear your own footsteps. The place is packed with people who in no way can be twenty-one yet. The bouncer must know a lot of people.

«How do you know that guy?» You yell over the music. Johnny leans in closer. «He's Dutch's older brother!» He replies. So that's why he looked familiar.

Johnny grabs your hand, and leads you to the dance floor. He steals two shots from the bar, and holds one out for you. «Ready to have some fun?» He asks with a grin. This guy is a menace.

You grab the shot and pour it down your throat; shaking your head in disgust as the strong taste spreads in your mouth.

You wait for Johnny to take his, but he doesn't. Instead, he hands it to you. «I'm driving,» he says with a smirk. You shake your head at him, but you take the second shot anyways.

Then Johnny's eyes land on something behind you, and he starts smiling. You turn around, and you see Bobby, Dutch, Tommy, Barbara and Susan.

Johnny grabs your hand, and leads you over to them. You're about to ask how they're all here, but then you rememeber the bouncer is Dutch's older brother.

«Hey, y/n,» Susan says with a grin. Bobby's got his arm wrapped around her. «Now you know where the cool kids hang.» She smiles playfully.

«Do you join a game of pool, Johnny?» Dutch asks. Johnny looks at you, like he's asking permission from his mom to go play. You almost scoff. «I'll be fine, just go.»

As the boys walk off, you, Barbara and Susan go and sit down by the bar. «How long have you guys been coming here?» You ask, as Barbara immediately starts flirting with the bartender.

«I think Dutch's brother got the job like six months ago,» Susan says. «So, about six months.» The bartender comes over, and places a tall drink in front of you.

'What is this?' You mouth to Barbara. She shrugs as she leans closer to you and whispers, «I asked him to give us the strongest drink they have.»

Susan chuckles. «Nice.» They both take a sip, and instantly screw up their faces. You take a sip as well, and it's so sour that your entire face cramps. «This better be strong,» you say as you force another sip down your throat.

«Hey, how come Ali isn't here?» You ask. «Oh, Ali doesn't drink,» Barbara says. «Because of-» she stops as Susan nudges her arm. «Because of what?» You ask. You don't want them to keep anything from you.