chapter 3

I wake up in the middle of the night. I pick up my phone. 3am. Ugh why. Back to sleep. Before I put down my phone and rolled back over y/n texts me.

y/n

Hi aspen. Sorry I'm texting you so late but couldn't sleep ^^; soooo I wanted to see if you were awake, sorry if i like woke you up or like if you're asleep.

Aspen

Ah yea hi, ima awake too. Randomly waking up in the middle of the night my belovedddd.

y/n

Oop-

Aspen

So what's keeping you awake?/gen

y/n

Oh um ykkkk stuff and things.

Aspen

Is everything ok y/n? You can talk to me you know

y/n

It's fine, don't worry, just like wondering what it would be like if we weren't stuck down here...

Aspen

Ah yea i get that. I would offer you a hug but yk i kinda can't...

y/n

I appreciate the sentiment :)

Aspen

If you want we can call and I can distract you if you want.

y/n

I'd like that :>

After a few moments, I call y/n. It takes them a moment to pick up. "Hi y/n!" I stammer out, still tired." hi aspen" she replies "pfft you sound tired," I say/ y/n laughs and says "I can say the same for you!" "so, what you wanna talk about?" y/n asks. "I dunno.. Ummmmmmmmm OH! You know that game you were talking about? Wellllllllllll I got it! Haven't played it yet but I plan to!" y/n gasps and say "YOOOOOOOO YOU GOT F/G?!?!?! THAT'S SO COOL!!!!!""I KNOW RIGHT!!! IT LOOKS REALLY COOL I'M EXCITED TO PLAY IT!!" I reply. " OK BUT LIKE YOU HAVE TO LET ME PLAY IT WITH YA!! I CAN HELP YOU" y/n exclaims. I smile to myself and say "I'd like that" "ALSO LIKE I REALLY WANNA LIKE YOU KNOW TALK ABOUT F/G BUT I DON'T WANNA SPOIL ANYTHING FOR YOUUUUUU" I laughed and say "dork" "heyyyyyy who are you calling a dork sir! Ill have you know I prefer the term clod. Get it right" they reply "pffft I felt that eye roll from over here mx. "I say "good." they reply. After a moment of silence I say "so, how was your day?" "eh well it was so so, you know a normal day of living underground every single day of my life," they reply. "Ugh, I totally get that!! Like I just want to see what is up there. And like explore and shit, you know?" I shake my head, forgetting they couldn't see the action, and reply "yea I totally get that." "If you could get out, your know of your house, what would you do?" y/n asks "huh, well this is an odd question... sure I've thought of it but like no one ever asked me for it... um well, I guess I would go up to the surface, and I would see what I would and could do. I've heard of fields of flowers and lakes and rivers full of life. And I want to see it. I want to have the freedom to see whatever I want. To do whatever I want.'' I reply. "OH I'M SO SORRY I DIDN'T MEAN TO RAMBLE LIKE THAT-" I scream out. y/n chuckles and then says "don't worry aspen, it's fine I understand ya with that, plus people rambling about what they are passionate about is cute!" I felt my cheeks become a little rosy with blush. Did y/n just call me cute?! I compose myself and then say "well if you say so-" I check the time again, 3;30 am "Oh shit- we have class in like 5 hours- we really should go to sleep...." "yeah... you're right.... I don't want to leave the call though... I'm having fun...." "well... um you don't have to, I mean we can have an on-call sleepover? If you are comfortable with that of course!! Ah sorry this sounds really weird." they say "no no it's ok its a good idea." and with that, me and y/n get ready for bed and just sleep on call together.