bonfire

"FUCK,"

renjun swore, lifting his skewer to examine his fourth charcoal colored marshmallow in a row. "how are you guys not burning them?"

"i don't know, mark and ning are assembling them for me," hyuck responded from his hammock.

"you just take it out when it's the way you like it," mark shrugged, placing a marshmallow onto a graham cracker in ningning's hand.

the girl promptly shoved the s'more into her face, "just go with your heart," she said through her chewing.

renjun sighed, tossing his skewer to the ground angrily before sitting back down in his seat.

"here," a soft voice suddenly offered, and he looked up to see bae areum holding out a perfectly toasted marshmallow.

she looked almost angelic for a moment, the soft lighting from the fire making her glow. her hair was down rather then it being pinned up like the last time he saw her in person, and he took a moment to admire the way it fell around her face.

"oh, wait," she spoke again, and renjun watched as she ran to grab a piece of chocolate and two graham crackers. she carefully assembled a s'more in her palm before gingerly offering it to him.

dazed, the boy held out his hand for her to place it in.

"try it," she encouraged, grinning down at him.

"oh, sure," he mumbled, biting into it. although they used the same exact ingredients, renjun couldn't help but feel like hers tasted a lot sweeter than the one jaemin had forcefed him earlier.

"do you like it?"

he nodded slightly, trying not to flush at the sight of her widening smile when he did so.

"i'll make you another," she said, skipping off before he could protest.

he shoved the rest of the s'more into his mouth, pressing his hand to his burning face. suddenly, a marshmallow hit him square in the forehead and he looked up to see the perpetrator approaching him.

"i'm guessing the fire isn't the reason your cheeks are red?" hendery teased, and renjun frowned at him.

"go away," he hissed through his teeth, watching as areum walked over with more s'mores on a plastic plate. the dark haired boy laughed before stalking away to his next victim, pelting xiaojun's back with a marshmallow.