(𝐈𝐈𝐈.)𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐀 𝐒𝐎𝐋𝐃𝐈𝐄𝐑

━═━═━═━═━┤➴├━═━═━═━═━

"DO YOU KNOW WHAT WE'RE DOING HERE, F/N?" Levi asked, breaking the silence as they walked outside under the dark sky.

She shook her head.

"No, captain," she quietly said.

Levi glanced at her for a second. That was the first time he had heard her voice. It sounded so delicate and weak as if she hadn't eaten anything her whole entire life.

And that was how another question appeared in his list of questions-to-ask-F/n list.

"Captain?" he repeated questioningly, not being able to recall him telling her about him being a captain of a squad.

"Yes," she said, almost in a whisper, "Hange said you're captain."

She had been interacting more than when she first met them, even though she still made some mistakes here and there. Erwin, Hange and Levi, three were all the only ones she considered friends and Mike as an... acquaintance.

Well, the first interaction they had was in the room where he smelled her. It made her a tiny bit uncomfortable and the two of them were quiet so neither had verbally communicated with the other before.

"I'm training you," he simply responded, dismissing her last response.

"Okay," she whispered while slightly nodding her head.

They continued walking side by side as the star lightly twinkled.

F/n's eyes curiously scanned her surroundings. The not-so-tall trees and the grass-less ground along with the wooden crates.

Levi, on the other hand, was lost in his thoughts. The second his eyes met with the e/c orbs, he saw something quite similar.

Fear, hunger, cold. It was very similar, too similar for his liking. She reminded him of the time when he was in the underground.

No sun to tan his skin, resulting in it appearing paler than regular people. No heat to kill the germs and bacteria, causing diseases to appear common. No trees for fresh air and no decent food to eat.

It was just like how she had experienced in the tree, only then did she have no one to accompany her. That made him wonder how long it had been for her to be in there.

"F/n," he spoke again and the girl acknowledged him without noise, "Do you know how long you've been in that tree?"

She gazed at him for a moment before remembering how Hange stated she looked younger than her age and responding with a "Twenty-five."