(𝐕.)𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐋

━═━═━═━═━┤➴├━═━═━═━═━

HANGE EXAMINED THE SHINING OBJECT UNDER THE MAGNIFYING GLASS, HOLDING UP THE PIECE OF CRYSTAL WITH A HANDKERCHIEF. She sniffled, pushing her glasses and lowering the hand she had to hold the crystal.

"You made this?" the scientist asked, facing F/n.

"How many times does she have to say it, Four Eyes? She said she did, all right?" Levi hissed irritatingly.

The woman laughed.

"Loosen up, Shorty," she grinned, "We've got plenty of time. Which means-"

"No," he said strictly, "You are not going to experiment on her."

"But-" she tried saying but was interrupted once more.

"Erwin only told you to check her DNA. Nothing more, nothing less."

Hange groaned loudly, rolling her eyes with her head thrown back. F/n just sat there, staying silent as she watched the scene unfold itself right in front of her eyes.

"Well, F/n," she crouched in front of the younger, readying the equipment, "This'll hurt a bit. Just stay still, okay?"

F/n nodded, watching the scientist do her thing. She watched as she took out the syringe and a shiver ran down her spine almost instinctively. Hange, of course, took notice of this.

"You can close your eyes if you want," she smiled reassuringly at her and the h/c-haired woman shifted her gaze to her lap, avoiding the sight of the sharp object.

Hange carefully inserted the syringe into the area between her forearm and bicep. The woman in spectacles let out a shushing sound when she sensed the discomfort from the smaller.

"Done!" she announced, smiling at F/n when she faced her, "Now, I just need a strand of your hair. May I?"

F/n glanced at Levi before looking back at the woman and nodded. The woman flinched when the older plucked a strand from her head but the pain was brief and she merely blinked back at her.

"I'll take these to experiment now," she said, grabbing the two samples which were safely stored in two separate vials, "I'll be in my office if you need me!"

The door shut and the silence grew between the two as they were either not talkative while having a lack in vocabulary and grammar or not in the mood to talk.

Anyone could tell which one is which.

"F/n," Levi decided to speak up, "Why did you do it?"

Why did she do it? The 'it' in that question was referring to why she created the crystal dome. And to answer the question, she did not know either.