4 • "The Children."

...

We are all human.

We all worry about ourselves first. We put ourselves on a higher priority when it comes to life and death situations.

We worry about our flaws and want to appear as perfect as can be.

We are all selfish, one way or another.

That's just how we were meant to be.

When the thought comes that this sort of behaviour seems unlikable,

We wear masks to conceal our true, inside natures.

And it's okay.

You and I both wear masks.

We all wear masks as if we are actors on a theatre stage.

Let us perfoRm to our heart's content.

Let us all be humans together!

...

"...Achoo!" You sneezed, rubbing your freezing nose, "...I am a Snezhnayan! I am immune to co-- Achoo!"

It's such bad timing.

Only two days in from the beginning of your time as an official Fatui Harbinger, and you've already gotten sick somehow.

Q

Throughout the many years of living in this country of everwinter, this has never hapPened before.

As the human body would adapt to the extreme climates here after living for long enough.

And yet...

"Achoo!" You covered yoUr face, as you sneezed once more, "I-If anything...That Balladeer must be talking smack about me behind my back!"

And it was rare for you to refer to your seniors as something other than their biggest title.

"Ahh...The Gods have cursed my being..." You groaned, tugging your coat tighter around your figure, "We must...retrieve all of the Gnoses so that we can rebel against them sooner!"j

You sniffed through your blocked nose. It was actually a little condition you had ever since you were a child.

One of your nostrils would be blocked a tiny bit by impurities, and it makes you sniff a lot, even when you're not sick or crying.