CHAPTER 4

Slow, long hours passed by and the house was empty. The remaining few were just the girls and the 7 boys.

"You girls want any wine?" Sunoo was leaned over the kitchen counter looking at them in the sitting room. Their heads shook and he clicked his tongue, pouring himself and the guys a glass.

"Where's May and Lia, I haven't seen them since you weirdos took them upstairs with you." Chaewon states turning to Sunoo behind her, Hyejin nods in agreement. Sunoos lips tighten as he looks towards Jay — they both smile and stay silent.

"Seriously where are they?" Hyejins voice got tense and her whole body felt a rush of heat, forehead beginning to break a sweat. "Did they leave?"

The two boys shared a glance with a faint smile once again. Jay reached across to Hyejins shoulder and turned her attention to him. "You could say that, I guess." He leans back in the couch breaking the eye contact with her, keeping his hand on her shoulder.

Chaewons glance went to Hyejins in a panic. Jay was knocking back the last of his previous glass of wine and he turned back to face Hyejin, decreasing the gap between them. "They're definitely not here, anyways." He smiled along with a chuckle, patting her shoulder and sinking back into the couch.

The two girls sat in silence for a moment staring at one another, oblivious of what to do. Hyejins eyes lock with the back door and she signals her eyes back and forth from Chaewons gaze to the door. She received a nod off her and Hyejin held back a smile.

Realising they were surrounded by all the guys, they had to come up with an alternative to get them out of the way for a moment. The guys were all asking Hyejin extremely personal questions as Jungwon was taking them down in a brown, worn diary.

"I'm going to go to the bathroom, I'll be back in a minute." Says chaewon, receiving no response back, only a minor glance from Jake.

The halls were dim and her sight couldn't register the end of any of the hallways. On her way down to left side her hand stroked off a sharp blade-like feeling. Her teeth clenched followed by a sharp inhale, trying not to make a lot of noise.

She stretched her arm out to the light switch while she sucked on the blood dripping out of the cut, grabbing the sharp object which brought shock to her whole body. She had no time to be shocked now, so she jammed it into her sock.

+ . + . + . + .

A piercing scream echoed downstairs into the living room as everyone's heads sharply turned to face the stairs. Hyejin knew that scream and quickly went to run upstairs, pausing in the intersection and checking down the right side, calling out for Chaewon and banging on the doors.

"Why are you guys standing around? Help me!" Her frustration was shown through her hands as they signalled everywhere. The 6 boys stood there, staring. "Where the fuck is Sunghoon?" She said through gritted teeth.

"He smelt her blood." Whispered Ni-Ki with an eyebrow raise and a nod.

"It worked." A smile formed ever so big on Heeseungs face at his own words.

Hyejin was left clueless in the middle of the hall as she seen it happen again, in front of her eyes.

The fangs,

Blood hungry.

Red and empty eyes,

also hungry.

————————————————
Far from fang street...
————————————————

"It's working sir, I can feel it."

"What's working? And I told you stop calling me sir, just call me my real name, goes for all of you."

The boy nodded at his command. "Your potion I meant, Yeonjun."

Yeonjun let out a sarcastic huff. The suspense was building up in his bones so much they were getting tingly. It was supposed to be today, tonight! Still yet, nothing has happened.

"Don't be so uptight, Yeonjun. It'll work out fine, the pagen never failed us." A second boy reassured him.

"Thanks, Beomgyu. I don't know though, it's still quite horrific." Yeonjun sighed, distracting himself by fidgeting.

"Who's soul did you sacrifice? Hope you picked the pagens helper, Taehyung. He stressed me out." Beomgyu bickered.

Yeonjun shook his head. "That's not who I chose, I told you I won't be telling you until it happens. You'll have to wait."

"How do we know it hasn't happened already?" Taehyun joined the conversation.

"Trust me fellas, you'd know"