3: Rough Morning

~Harry~

What a morning.

First Harry's alarm didn't go off, causing him to oversleep. He missed the bus, too. Which meant he had to walk to school. On top of that, the high-paced stroll caused his asthma to kick in a little. So then he had to fish through his bag to find his inhaler while it became difficult to breathe. I am gonna be so late. he thought anxiously and in annoyance once his breathing steadied.

As if this morning wasn't bad enough, he was greeted by a nasty surprise at his locker.

"Mmm ... Chucky~"

Harry watched in disgust as Chucky held a short blond girl's wrists against the locker as he decorated her neck with kisses. If there was one thing he couldn't stand, it was couples. Especially when they made out in public like this.

And here he was, being forced to witness a couple making out against his locker. He loudly cleared his throat.

Chucky stopped and turned to face him. "The hell are you staring at? Making goo goo eyes at my girl?"

Harry internally grimaced. "No. I just want to get to my locker. So please just ... take that somewhere else."

"So you're one of those book smart kids that actually bother with the lockers," Chucky snarked.

"I'm only 'book smart' because I want to get the hell out of here," Harry scoffed. "I'm already late enough as it is. So move."

Chucky laughed at Harry's annoyance. "Come on, Tiff. Why don't we take this to the janitor's closet?"

Tiffany smiled and nodded. "Okay~"

"Catch you later, emo boy!" Chucky laughed, referring to Harry's plain black hoodie, pants, and messy hair.

The two freshman shorties chuckled at each other before darting off.

"Disgusting," Harry muttered before opening his locker. "And I'm not that emo ... am I?" He shook the thought away as he set up his locker to situate himself.

A bell rang out through the hall. Harry groaned. Fuck, I'm late! he thought in annoyance.

After getting lost a few times, Harry finally made it to Mr. Hitchcock's room. Please don't stare. he silently prayed as he walked through the door.

"Thank you for joining us!" Mr. Hitchcock said when he saw the dark-haired boy walk in.

All eyes immediately landed on Harry. He flinched and scowled at the floor a little. He hated it when this happened. Why did they have to stare at him as though he had an extra head just because he was a little late? He took a small breath to calm himself down before turning to his teacher. "Sorry I'm late. Long morning," was all he said in a dead pan voice before taking a seat behind Leatherface.

"Are you Harry Warden?" Mr. Hitchcock asked, checking his attendance list.

Harry clenched his teeth, really wanting the attention off of him. He looked down at his desk to hide his flustered glare. "Yes, sir."

"Glad to have you," Mr. Hitchcock said. "Now, let's get back to the syllabus."

Harry let out a sigh of relief once the subject had been changed. He looked up at the whiteboard and saw the Google Classroom code. He quickly grabbed his phone, pulled up the app, and joined the Classroom. Sure enough, the first thing he saw was the syllabus. He hurriedly opened it and scrolled to where the rest of the class was. He was reading along as Mr. Hitchcock read aloud when suddenly, a pop up appeared on his screen.

10% remaining

Of fucking course! Harry thought in annoyance as he put his phone on low power mode. There's no way it'll get me through the whole day. And of course I forgot to charge it last night! I need a charger.

Harry waited until Mr. Hitchcock was looking somewhere else. Then he leaned forward a bit and gently tapped the boy in front of him.

Leatherface turned around and his eyes widened in surprise. Harry didn't notice. He needed to make this quick. "Do you have a charger?" he asked, his voice barely a whisper. He pointed to his screen, right where it showed how low his battery was.

Leatherface didn't respond. It was almost like he was in some sort of trance. Harry was confused by this. "Hey. I said, do you have a charger?" he repeated, raising his voice a little.

Leatherface seemed to snap out of it. "Huh? Oh. Um ... yeah, one sec." He leaned down and reached into his bag. Soon he pulled out a chord and handed it to Harry with a dopey grin.

"Thanks," Harry mumbled, taking the charger. Good thing I'm right next to an outlet. he thought in relief as he looked down at the wall next to him. He plugged the charger in and then his phone. Finally. Things are turning around.

Suddenly, he felt like he was being watched. Not shifting his head, his eyes darted up. He immediately noticed Jason and Michael looking at him from the corners of their eyes. Michael, of course, was difficult to read. Jason, on the other hand, had a small smirk on his face. Harry's eyes moved to their phones. They weren't on the syllabus. They were on a messaging app! He couldn't tell what was being said, though.

Harry's mind started to race with questions. What's going on? Are they talking about me? Is the guy in front of me a friend of theirs? What the hell is with the smirk on that guy's face? Are they judging me? I don't like this.

He snapped out of his thoughts when he noticed the boys went back to the syllabus and were focusing on that once more. Though every now and then, they would switch apps.

Harry sighed to himself. Just my luck I end up with weird neighbors. I should probably change seats next time-

"-and lastly, I hope you like where you're sitting because these are going to be your assigned seats for the time being. It'll help me memorize your names and faces. If I need to readjust seats, I will."

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!

Hey, guys! It's been a while, hasn't it? I'm currently in a Halloween craze and it gave me the motivation to continue this bitch. Hope you guys liked the chapter!