Prologue

For people who feel unheard and alone, struggling to navigate the difficult waters of life.

You may have stumbled upon this collection or been recommended to it by someone. Let me begin by thanking you for taking the time to read this. At the beginning, Revnium was just a collection of spoken words, but it developed into a novel over the past seven years. It is told through the eyes of a young girl who feels alone in a fast-paced and overwhelming world that often casts aside those who are deemed unfit by societal standards.

Inspired by the life stories of people I've heard in the years before, this is their story, perhaps you may find your voice too within here. Those who are lost, alone, misunderstood and hopeless, I would like to let you know that you are never alone in this world. Though there may be times when the waves seem to be menacing and ready to tow you to the depths, never to be seen again. Nevertheless, I can assure you, the storm will pass. Eventually, the sun will shine again.

A person I greatly respected, may she rest in peace, once said, "You will always find people fighting their own battles wherever you go. If you listen closely, you would be able to hear their own unique symphony." Having said that, in this society, many of us are taught... to conceal our struggles and hide our true selves from the world, replacing them with only a shadow of ourselves. You may feel powerless or even exhausted during turbulent times. But make no mistake, you are not weak. It's only human to feel these things. Thus, it is okay to feel vulnerable and weak, even the strongest of us can fall sometimes. What matters most is that we must learn to stand back up again and continue to navigate this complicated journey known as life.

In light of this, I would like to use this opportunity to ask you a question. When the darkness rises again, would you choose to vanish or flourish? Be mindful that your decision could potentially change your life. With every challenge we face, there is a lesson to learn, and the perspective you hold above all else is incredibly valuable.