Chapter 10

Socks honestly didnt know how to feel about his friends using him to their advantage but he wasnt going to say anything as they thought he didnt know. He was supposed to be sleeping and not be listening. It made him angry that they thought he didnt care. That they could just use him,for their own needs. Yes he wasnt really in a position to argue, but it still hurt him. He had fallen back asleep a few moments after them talking about him, the rain sent him back to sleep. Despite wanting to stay up and Scream at Ally, Scream at Meme, Scream at Laff. Tell them how bad of them to use his suffering to their advantage. He would be protecting his friends but the fact they hadn't asked him if he was alright with it made Socks just want to scream. He really didn't know what to do with his emotions, it was just pure anger, rage, and hate. Eventually he opened his eyes to what he assumed was the  next morning. It was still raining surprisingly enough. "We have to get moving! We've been delayed long enough!" he heard Ally snap at someone "We're not that far from the sugar mill Ally." He heard laff respond with the same hostility. "We need a boat! The more we hesitate, the more likely that there won't be a BOAT. To come get US!" Ally shouted. "Go take that to Socks." Laff snarled. Ally didnt responded to that. "Could we leave him?" A person asked it sounded like Muffin. "No muffin. We dont leave people behind." Ally replied hastily, clearly annoyed. "Jeez sorry it was just a question." Muffin said haphazardly. 

Socks eventually decided it was best if joined in on this conversation. So he sat up, and all eyes snapped to him. "Oh, good morning socks!" Ally said it was clear she was trying to force kindness and energy into her voice. Muffin looked surprised and guilty. Laff just continued to glare at Ally and glance back at the map every few seconds. "We're all packed up and ready to go and now that Socks is awake we can get moving already." Ally said. "What about Meme and Blaza?" Socks asked. "Oh they're just out right now, Should be back in a few," Ally responded. Almost as if they were summoned, they opened the door and walked in, Nadwe was holding a bucket of Bile bombs. "You-" Nadwe started out panting, "Don't know how many boomers we had to take out to get these many Bile bombs." Nadwe breathed. "Spitters Nadwe. We used Spitter bile." Blaza shook his head. "I don't think that works the same as boomer bile." Ally murmured. "What does it matter? What does Spitter bile do differently than Boomers?" Meme asked. "Well spitters is more like an acid, So it burns. Boomer bile attracts Infecteds." Ally responded like it was common knowledge. "Well how was I supposed to know?" Meme spat.

"Looks like there's a compound coming up." Laff said, pointing to a spot on the map. "Who knows, we might find some friends there." "What friends? Woolf and Dino are probably dead along with Jooice." Meme said, clearly upset. "You dont know that." Ally murmured. Meme's bit his lip and let out a sigh. "Well if were gonna make it to the docks before sunset I suggest we get moving now. Time waits for no man." Blaza said. "Yeah lets get moving." Socks nodded in agreement.

-Time skip-

Muffin had noticed how quiet socks had been. Was it something muffin said? Probably, considering that Muffin had suggested leaving socks behind. Just when Nadwe had been talking about getting rid of socks all together he just assumed everyone was in agreement. Although from Ally's reaction she clearly didnt approve. All of a sudden a bush next to muffin rustled and he quickly looked at it terrified. It rustled again and a frog leaped out. Muffin smiled and picked it up. He quietly put it into his overalls pocket and kept moving. Muffin had fallen behind so he had ran after them as they were nearing a bridge. "We're getting close." Laff murmured. "This way!" Laff pointed and ran off. Everyone quickly followed, muffin was running behind and heard a cough. Muffin stopped to look around but realized that the gang was really far ahead, and muffin needed to pick up the pace. So he started running again. As he started to run he felt something wrap around his arm and then his torso and he started to get pulled back. "GUYS HELP!" Muffin screamed. He felt it wrap around his neck and he started to choke. "GUYS-" Muffin tried again but he couldn't breathe. He then felt himself being released, Muffin fell to the ground breathing heavily. He heard a person land in front of him. He looked up to see the face of none other than- "WOOLF!" Muffin said happily. "Hey little dude." Woolf smiled. The gang was running back. "Muffin Where were you? I was worried sick!" Ally said walking over to him. "Woolf?" Socks asked, it was the first word he had said in the last 3 hours. Woolf cast a gaze over everyone. "Yall are still alive!" Woolf smiled. "Yeah What happened to Muffin?" Socks asked. "Smoker wrapped his tongue around him," Woolf said shortly. "Ew that was a tongue?" Muffin said disgusted. Everyone started laughing, including Muffin.

"Where yall heading?" Woolf asked, "The docks, Were getting  a boat to  Sugar mill." Socks responded.  "Well, lets head back to the compound and I'll ask dino and Joocie if they want to come." "Joocie and Dino are still alive?" Socks asked. "Yep." Woolf laughed. Something wasn't right about this situation, Muffin thought Socks was asleep while they were talking about the Sugar mill. He was also asleep for the talk about the boat, So how did he know where they were going? He decided to not say anything and walked behind them as Woolf lead them to the compound. He heard woolf talking with Meme and decided to listen in on the conversation. "Ally  worried about not making it to the docks before sunset, But hey i appreciate this, Especially with Socks being an inf-" Meme cut off at Woolf surprised expression. "Sorry I meant with socks getting infection from a gunshot wound." Meme corrected. "Oh- I thought you were gonna say that socks was infected for a second." Woolf laughed. "Yeah we have plenty of stuff for infection when we get back to the base. Ill let you dig into it and see if there is anything you can use." "Thank you." Meme smiled. "Don't mention it." Woolf nodded.

-Time skip-

They finally made it back to the base that Woolf was talking about and Socks had never been so relieved, his leg was in so much pain. He limped inside and sat down on the first chair he saw. "Jeez, that leg is really killing you?" Woolf asked. "Yeah a lot." Socks wheezed. "Here I have some medicine that might help you." Woolf chuckled, reaching into a crate of medicine and tossing a bottle of pills at Socks. "Take two!" Woolf called as he started walking away. "I'm gonna go find Dino!" He shouted as he got farther away. Muffin came and sat next to Socks and looked him in the eyes. "How did you know about the docks?" Muffin asked him. Socks eyes widened, he hadn't even realized he said anything about that. "I heard Ally talking about them with Laff." Socks lied. Muffin looked at him skeptically. He shrugged it off though and walked over to where Nadwe was standing. He heard a Loud beeping sound and quickly covered his ears. He wasn't going hunter in a position like this. Especially since Woolf and Dino didn't know, so they would probably shoot him on the spot. Personally Socks wasn't ready to die yet. So he just covered his ears. He could still hear the faint beeps but it wasn't loud enough for Socks to pay attention to. Eventually it stopped and he uncovered his ears. He saw Dino standing next to Woolf who had Joocie standing close by. "Welcome guys! Glad you're all still alive." Dino chuckled. Ally muttered something under her breath but obviously didn't say it loud enough for Socks to hear. "We've decided that we'll go with you guys." Dino smiled

Words: 1410