Chapter 39

So far, I was holding out well.

I dodged the rocks flying towards me as I sent balls of flames towards Ivan.

However, rocks always burst from the ground, taking the hit.

I spun mid air, dodging a large rock and sent a flame towards Ivan.

I concentrated on the flames as they slammed into the ground, burning dark as it spread around Ivan.

However, rocks fell from the roof as they smashed on the flames, dousing them.

This wasn't good, I didn't have much strength to hold out any longer. I thought to myself just as I dodged a large rock, to see another rock heading my way.

Momentum was already carrying me as I desperately tried to dodge the rock.

It smashed into me, my arm coming up to take the impact as I slammed into the ceiling of the cavern.

Instantly, hands reached out to me as it grabbed onto me, holding me in place.

Flames erupted from my body, but soon died out.

Stone hands roughly grabbed my wings but I let them disappear.

I was done. My flames were out. I thought as a flash of light appeared over my arm, where there was a large cut from the sharp rock.

My eyes widened in shock as I saw a blue mark hover over.

The virus...

"I've infected you with the virus through your wound." Ivan said, smiling as he rose up on mountains of stone.

I struggled against the hands, tugging.

"I have hours to play with you." Ivan said as he walked over to me.

"So who will it be?" He asked as he placed a hand on my cheek.

"You or the black-caped beast?" He asked as my eyes widened in shock.

Suddenly, I started to feel nauseous as my head swarmed, the world tilting.

"Kill me now." I said as I saw Ivan's brows shoot up.

"What was that?" Ivan asked as I felt very hot.

Dammit, a fever and nausea. I thought to myself as I forced myself to look at Ivan.

"Kill me now, so Akutagawa can live." I grit out as Ivan's eyes widened with delight.

"You would sacrifice yourself without a thought to save such a ruthless killer?" Ivan asked, humour dancing in his silver eyes.

"I'll let you kill me." I said. "That's what Fyodor wants, doesn't he?" I asked as I saw Ivan's eyes widen slightly in shock.

I carried on, "If you kill me right now, the extra 24 hours that I had granted the President and Mori-sensei will disappear." I said as Ivan stared at me.

I watched as a smile formed on his lips as he leaned.

"You would sacrifice yourself, including the your Boss and the Port Mafia Boss for that boy to live?" Ivan asked as I didn't meet his gaze.

I would. I thought to myself. I would do it without a single thought.

"I'm sure killing me now will definitely satisfy Fyodor." I stated.

"We have more soldiers outside, right now, hunting down Pushkin. What if they disable his ability in time? Fyodor will sure be disappointed." I said as I struck a cord.